FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT A NIGHTMARE............ :cussing:

got back from Manchester around 90 Minutes ago.

250 Miles from my home and because i have problems driving for a long stretch so i left at 11am for a 8pm KO.

it's basically 6 roads from my house and most of it Motorway.

hit a standstill on the Motorway after about 90 Minutes and after listening to the traffic reports on the radio it seemed there was an abnormally wide load vehicle up ahead and this traffic queue was around 40 Miles long.... :help:

decided to leave the Motorway and drive through the rural English countryside to find another route.

not that successful and i finally found myself back on the Motorway.

traffic was better and made better time.

hit Manchester around 5pm and rush-hour time..... :yikes:

took me 90 Minutes to drive the 12 Miles from the Motorway to the Ground...... :cussing:

nothing but stupid traffic lights along the way..... :onfire:

nice to see the PL Trophy paraded on the pitch........ever seen it

Teddy,Zaad........ :rotl:

Day got worse as Inter procedded to beat MU 3-2..... :doah:

Rooney opened the scoring but then Inter decided to show why they won they Italian League a few Months ago.

they carved MU open at the back on numerous occasions and if not for poor finishing could have had more.

but then again MU had chances.

2nd Half different as MU controlled the Game and after pulling one back from a remarkable Adriano OG looked like getting the equaliser.

but it just wouldn't come with poor refereeing and the miss of the Game from Rio causing our downfall.

Inter made around 167 Substitutions and strangely Fergie made none...... :dunno:

Dacourt got a lot of boos being an ex Leeds Player......... :monkey:

but the biggest jeer was when Figo was taken off and i didn't understand why.... :question:

perhaps it was my chant of 'are you Zaad in disguise?'

seems Fergie was playing his Team for the Game against Chelsea this Weekend and wanted the Minutes on the field for fitness.

a shame not to see Hargreaves,Nani or Anderson........ :(

Game finished aroun 9:45 pm and i waited around 60 Minutes before leaving for the journey home because i knew the traffic would be bad.

took another 90 Minutes to drive 13 Miles to a service station and then stop and have a piss and get some petrol.

decided to have a coffeee and as i walked across the bridge i was horrified at what i saw on the Motorway....... :yikes:

as far as the eye could see was a massive traffic jam.

rang up the traffic hotline and got stories of accidents and lane closures and decided to keep off the road for a while.

then heard rumours of an accident 65 Miles down the road causing the backlog..........fuck that i thought,no way am i sitting in a jam that long and decided a nap was in order.

nothing doing,didn't feel tired and eventually went and had a couple of coffees.

2 Hours after arriving at the rest stop i noticed the traffic was clear and took the opportunity to risk it.

left the rest stop at 02:20 am and the resulting drive of around 235 Miles took roughly 4 Hours with a brief stop to stretch my legs at half-way.

it 's been a long time since i driven that sort of distance and i certainly noticed one thing.

road haulage is suppossed to be a dying art in the UK but the amount of big vehicles i saw was frightening.

and overtaking was a bit scary at times as the lorries were certainly rocking and rolling all over the road.

watched the sun come up and so happy to get home 20 Hours after leaving.

a 20 Hour trip for 90 Minutes of Football........ :doah:

but a crowd of almost 74,000 made it a remarkable experience..... :thumbup:

So ManU finally have Tevez. 2m goes to West Ham for the players registration and the rest to KJ.

So how come the FA can claim that they will not allow players to be owned by anyone other than the club they are playing for and then allow this?

I rate Tevez highly but I don't know how he is going to fit in to ManU's team. Way too similar to Shrek.

So ManU finally have Tevez. 2m goes to West Ham for the players registration and the rest to KJ.

So how come the FA can claim that they will not allow players to be owned by anyone other than the club they are playing for and then allow this?

I rate Tevez highly but I don't know how he is going to fit in to ManU's team. Way too similar to Shrek.

With all the new options in midfield and the addition of Tevez, SAF has a forward role reserved for Rooney. Which means no more playing off another striker or being shunted out to the left wing. He will be the focus of ManU's attack.

MU don't really play with a targetman,the likes of Giggs,Rooney,Ronaldo interchange all the time along the frontline and Tevez will be expected to do the same.

and not all of them will play together in every game,squad rotation is the name of the game these days.

with injuries,suspensions and being rested there will be times when maybe only 2 will be in the starting 11.

but it makes the bench look interesting.

last Season out of 60 Games MU played Rooney started in 51,Giggs 39 and Ronaldo 49.

with the arrival of Tevez more rest can be given to Players as he can easily play across the frontline.

when i saw MU on Wednesday it was interesting to see how deep they played when defending.

quite often Giggs was the furthest Player forward and even he was in his own half.

but they attack with speed and Players all over the place.

and with the addition of Nani and Anderson,who are the future replacements for Scholes and Giggs,there is further scope for changes in Midfield,even though i don't expect to see them much this Season.

and Hargreaves will allow Scholes to play further forward.........

looking forward to the new Season and seeing how Fergie utilises his squad.

but i know he'll fuck up sometimes and i will see some embarrassing defeats...........

THE FOOTIE SEASON STARTS........... :chili::chili:

MU win the Charity Shield........ :yay:

1-1 after 90 Minutes and then 3-0 in a Penalty shoot-out......... :soccer:

1st piece of Silverware for MU this Season,only 4 more to go........

but i think Moaner will be the happier after the Game.

he had a much weakened squad compared to MU and they tested MU.

Chelsea had the possession in the 1st half but MU had the better chances.

and finally Giggs..... :bow: scored his 1st Goal for MU at Wembley(old and new)after 17 appearances... :up:

but Chelsea equalised with Malouda getting past Rio and firing home....... :cussing:

Chelsea seemed to have wanted the Game more in the 2nd half and attacked more but Players like Wright-Phillips showed what a waste of money he is.

i have a moan about the Ref though,it's something i should put in the IRRITATIONS Thread i started but i'll put it here instead.

Vidic was blatently pushed in the area and no Penalty given.

but if it had happened 5 Yards outside the area then the Ref would have given a free-kick....

a foul is a foul no matter where it happens on the pitch.

Minutes later Vidic was penalised for a push and surprise,surprise he got punished....... :banghead:

but i still wish Rooney would keep his mouth shut...... :closemouth:

too many times he was in the Ref's face and swearing and the suchlike..... :doah:

calm down boy or you will be suspended for a few Games this Season.....

Penalty shoot-out and Van Der Sar becomes a hero........ :yay:

saves ALL 3 Penalties he had to face.........

:applause::elephant::up::chili::mooning::ghost::monkey:

and MU scored all 3 of theirs.......... :grinyes:

but i was concerned when Rio stepped up to take the 1st one.......... :yikes:

and Rooney scores the winner......... :thumbup: :):D:cool: :grin: :grinyes::applause::chili::worship::yay::rotfl::tophat::soccer::ghost::monkey::_party:

Archived