FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6915044.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6912571.stm

Mekong........ :wave:

are you like me getting bored with this story?.

West Ham say they tore up the agreement with the bloke who says he owned Tevez.

that's denied and it seems if they did then it was illegal.

to cover their arses the Football Authorities in the UK don't want to touch this mess and get it referred to Fifa.

Fifa in turn don't have a clus (as usual) how to sort it all out and hand it over to a higher Court.

everyone seems so scared to make a decision.

personally i don't know where Tevez will fit in.

we've bought 2 Players who can play as attacking Midfielders,not that i think they'll play that often this coming Season.

bedding in will be on the agenda.

but will Tevez play as an attacker?,don't really see the point.

Rooney,Ronaldo and Giggs play all across the park and Tevez would have to replace one of them i think.

Fergie will show loyalty to his veterans as long as they keep their form up.

if Tevez plays a significant number of Games he will replace any of the above 3 and Scholes.

i would certainly prefer to keep the 4 regulars in the Team.

of course Tevez could be thought of as the same as Nani and Anderson who will eventually replace Giggs and Scholes in the next Year or 2.

and this keeps going on and on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6912488.stm

Benitez says 'what is the problem?'

the problem Rafa old boy is that if there is some clause saying that Gabby can go for an amount of Money,MU are not obliged to sell him if the amount is offered or to the Team which offered the Money.

i know different circumstances and very different situation but Liverpool would be very reluctant to sell Gerrard to MU.

we know that Gerrard would never go there anyway but if MU offered 50 Mill and Barcalona 10 Mill they would rather accept the lower sum.

and i would imagine Moaner Maureen would do the same with a couple of his top Players.......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjaan,

I really cannot understand "Cone Head's" stance, a Bilateral Contract cannot be invalidated based on a unilateral decision of shredding one copy of the contract.

The way things are heading now, not just in the Tevez case but many alleged transfers is legal bias, EPL is a Multi billion Pound market and the lawyers are the ones who make can syphon off a percentage.

Even in my anal profession I realised a few years ago that possesing a secondary degree in law was required to play the game.

Some people understand my tag line.

Owls fail to woo striker Kluivert

_44016334_kluivert203getty.jpg

"Former Holland striker Patrick Kluivert has turned down the offer of a trial period at Sheffield Wednesday.

The 31-year-old plays for PSV Eindhoven but is understood to be looking for a move elsewhere."

He probably didn't think it would look very good on his resume!

Ajax, AC Milan, Barcelona, Newcastle, Valencia, PSV Eindhoven, The Owls.

Mind you, with 3 clubs in the last 3 years, he should be thankful if anyone shows any interest in him these days.

I didn't realise Wikipedia was so up to date. They already list him turning down Sheffield Wednesday, the day after it happened!! :applause:

what happened Teddy.....?

Liverpool lose to Pompey in the Asia Cup.

compare the Teams and Liverpool certainly underachieved.

i know some new Players but Liverpool didn't look that good in their 2 games.

will watch their games in the upcoming Tournament to further assess them.

MU looked pretty good in their 4 Games in Asia.

i know the opposition was pretty poor but you still have to beat what is in front of you.

15 Goals in 4 games with some youngsters playing well and scoring Goals.....

and Nani looking good at times and scoring 2 Goals in less than 2 Games,the one in the last Game was sublime.

some Youngsters coming through we still have Anderson and Hargreaves to appear.

gonna be tough for places in the coming Season.

haven't seen anything of Arsenal yet but will watch them against PSV,Ajax,Inter and Lazio to see how they are shaping up.

i see Arsenal are having problems getting a Work Permit for their new Striker.

don't know wether i will get to see much of Chelsea apart from the Charity Shield.

oh well,off to Manchester on Wednesday to see the Game against Inter.....

anyone think Chelsea are taking the piss?.

Real Madrid are supposed to be sniffing around Ballack.

RM were also interested in him before he went to Chelsea.

he's almost 31 and Chelsea got him on a free transfer.

i don't think he did that well last Season,thought he struggled in the hurly burly of the PL.

but Chelsea are talking about 20+ Million for him...... :yikes:

i think that is outrageous.

but i did notice something about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ballack

it says he has a FAC Winners Medal from last Season... :confused:

he didn't play so how can he have a Medal?.

i know in the PL there are 17 Medals given out and any Player playing the required number of Games receives one.

but then the Club can use it's discretion as to who gets the others.

and Clubs can apply for extra Medals in auspicious circumstances.

but does this apply in the FA Cup?.

i thought they only had Medals for the 16 Players picked on the Day?.

i know when MU won the FAC in 94 Bryan Robson didn't play and never got a Medal.

have they changed the rules?.

and i saw this.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

any Players you should have thought of being included?.

Denis Law for me..........

and one in the eye for CS.

2 American Women included,no Males...... :applause:

Pele obviously didn't care much for the crappy American Men.

and i don't understand why there are Dutch Players in the list.....the Dutch are shite at Football......

and the French,Spainairds,Portugese and Germans......... :cover::evilpumpkin:

Reyes' first priority was to stay in Spain. The atletico/real madrid rivalry means nothing to him. He's an andulsian boy from Seville.

There is a rumor going around we're afte Robben. I doubt it. Chelsesa will never sell someone of that stature to a rival. The original rumor is Diarwa. They'd sell him, as they are loaded in the midfield.

Adu's European dream starts at Benfica.

Better hope that American boy performs well for my club or you'll be hearing from me Steve :)

1.3 Million sounds like a bargain to me. We can't keep him if he lives up to his expectations and hopefully sell him tenfold his original price :up:

I'd have preferred he had gone to Ajax where they have a history of developing young players. No offense to Benfica, they may have a fab youth system but I don't know about it. He should have left the U.S. a while back. Staying stunted his progress.

There are pretty good american players who I think could do well in europe. The EPL has started to wake up to it, with Fulham being at the forefront. McBride has done very well for them. Not just a nation of goalkeepers anymore.

I think he'll do well though. You better send him back ready for the national team or you'll be hearing from me!!

Archived