FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Just watched Liverpool v Feyernoord. I had heard good things about Royston Drenthe and I understand that Liverpool were looking to buy him, along with Chelsea and Arsenal. But what a piece of shit he is, he wouldn't last 10 minutes in the PL with his antics. Caused a mass brawl at the end.

He would probably edge ahead of Ronaldo and Robben as the most hated players in the PL within a few weeks, Chelsea or Arsenal can have him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid and Barca were interested as well. Haven't seen the guy in action but doubt all this commotion is for a mere guy who's not even good enough for Liverpool.

Now if you've said that you don't need him.. :)

Perhaps Villa :up:

just got round to watching the Liverpool Game.

thought that Liverpool were a little ill-disciplined at times.

yes there was provocation but in the PL or Europe they could have been serious trouble for them.

the assault by Pennant was very naughty and would have been a straight Red in most Games.

and Gerrards hand to the face gesture would probably have been a Red card as well.

what i've seen so far pre-Season of Pennant has not impressed me........but that's good really... :)

and i can't second guess Benitez with his choice of Strikers.

i know Torres and Voronin are new to the Squad but i don't think either of them along with Kuyt have shown they can play together with any fluidity...........but we shall see.

Teddy,who do you think will be the main attack force?.

Zaad.

'Again a Dutchie saved your arse'

goes to show there is at least one good Dutchie in the World....... :D

but the Chelsea Penalties could have been saved by a one legged blind grandmother.... :thumbup:

Teddy,who do you think will be the main attack force?.

Think it will be Torres with either Kuyt or Crouch partnering him. But there is absolutely no second guessing Benitez, he likes to tinker even more than Ranieri did and now he has more players to tinker with.

Agreed on Penant, that tackle would have gotten him sent off in the PL and rightly so. Drenthe would also have been sent off at least twice also if that was a PL match.

But then again, what do expect from a referee who disallows a goal from Kuyt that crossed the line by at least 2 feet, gave them a penalty when the ball bounced off Aerbeloa's head and clearly not his hands and then booked nine players in what was supposed to be a friendly. :beer:

the Pen against Liverpool was harsh but i thought it had touched his arm at first,but it wasn't until the replays did i see it did not hit his hand.

but while Officials can be crap they don't have the advantage that we have of replays.

but then again it wasn't deliberate.

the Kuyt Goal was a Goal but so quick the Officials had no way of seeing that the ball had crossed the line.

but Liverpool did get the rub of the Green with no sendings off.

and they have done so in the past.

2 Seasons ago in a Dutch Tournament Gerrard was sent off but served no suspension when the PL started.

but last Season Rooney and Scholes were sent off in a Dutch Tournament and had to serve 3 match bans...... :cussing::banghead:

so one rule for Liverpool and one for MU,that sucks........... :doah:

some good ones here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/6937495.stm

3 and 5 are good ones.........

glad to see that Arsenal will have to find a new chant...........

i like the MU chants.

Vieira,Vieira he came came from Senegal

Vieira,Vieira he gave giggs the ball

and Arsenal won fuck all......... :grinyes:

Keano's fucking magic,he wears a magic hat

when he saw old trafford he said i fancy that

he wouldn't sign for Arsenal or Blackburn because they are shite

he signed for Man Utd because they are fucking dynamite :chili:

Gary Neville is a Red,is a Red,is a Red............he hates SCOUSERS.........:applause:

2 Seasons ago in a Dutch Tournament Gerrard was sent off but served no suspension when the PL started.

but last Season Rooney and Scholes were sent off in a Dutch Tournament and had to serve 3 match bans...... :cussing::banghead:

so one rule for Liverpool and one for MU,that sucks........... :doah:

Jeez, SJ, haven't you finished moaning about that yet, I thought I'd clicked on the wrong page in the thread and gone back in time!

Getting REALLY worked up about the start of the season, may have to subject myself to some self abuse to relieve the tension in a while. Sundo'land/Sundireland have an excellent test in Spurs who I think will do really well this season but don't usually travel well up here. We only need a draw tomorrow to go top (on alphabetical order!). Wethereds is open at 9.00 am ........

Very pleased that Keane finally signed Craig Gordon, the lad is an exceptional talent, though I'm not sure that goalie was our main problem area. Craig Gordon

Still terribly lacking up front and I'm not convinced Mido is the answer! Worth a punt if he can get back his early Spurs form and fitness, I suppose, though maybe Stokes will develop quickly and O'Donovan will be the bargain of the season! Or maybe not ......

Looking forward to 1 September, though it would be nice to get a few points before then!

no i haven't stopped moaning about it and never will...........unfair.

but MU still won the PL without 2 of their best Players whilst Liverpool never came close despite having their talisman available..... :)

anyway i had better sign off now.

Footie Season about to start and i did promise not to post about my Team or say anything about other Team which might upset their supporters.

good luck for the Season Guys and hope all your Teams do well..........but not as well as mine..... :thumbup:

before i forget LG.

Sky has put their charges up by 2 quid a Month this Season for the Footie Games.

but they have added all the Setanta Games for free all Season..... :thumbup:

so i will be saving Money by not having to go to the Pub to watch the MU Games.

i also look forward to Sept 1st........... :smirk:

Just watched Liverpool v Feyernoord. I had heard good things about Royston Drenthe and I understand that Liverpool were looking to buy him, along with Chelsea and Arsenal. But what a piece of shit he is, he wouldn't last 10 minutes in the PL with his antics. Caused a mass brawl at the end.

He would probably edge ahead of Ronaldo and Robben as the most hated players in the PL within a few weeks, Chelsea or Arsenal can have him.

Robben or Ronaldo...jesus he must be be bad, cos those two are hard to like in anyway.

Archived