FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

From the Liverpool Echo

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, a totally unbiased piece of reporting then.

Anyway back on track, reporting live from Icheon International Airport waiting for my flight home to Bangers, the atmosphere last night was unreal 60,000 Koreans cheering for the visiting team, if OT had half of the atmosphere visiting teams would be pshycologicaly beaten before they stepped onto the pitch.

Love him or Loath him, Ronaldo was at the heart of everything in the first 45 minutes scoring the first and setting up the other two, his flick on to Eagles being the highlight of the game IMHO.

With 5 changes at half time the second half was played at a much slower pace, but the team still held their shape, 28 degrees C and 75% humidity is not quite Salford weather.

We may have spent a couple of bob on players during the summer, but I reckon that Chris Eagles may break into the first team this season, his reading of the game is outstanding for his age.

Next live game for me will be 1st September when Keano brings the Black Cats to OT, a short 12,000 mile round trip weekend break, bring it on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wondered if you were there as i saw you were online on the Board at time of Kick-Off.

watched it on TV and the atmosphere looked pretty cool........

Teddy.

it seems like i may have been a little psychic in my thoughts.

MU have said that as they have no need to sell him they are quite prepared to let him rot in the stiffs for the remaining 2 Years of his contract before selling him to Liverpool.

but time will tell,we both know what lies come out of Football Teams these Days.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6900545.stm

Fecking hope not. Diminutive little prick. :cussing:

Ecclestone may launch Arsenal bid

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has refused to rule out the possibility of a takeover of Arsenal.

Arsenal are also the subject of interest from American Stan Kroenke, who already owns 12.2% of the Gunners.

And now Ecclestone may enter the fray, although he admits he has yet to speak to anyone at the club.

The 76-year-old said: "If somebody offers me something I think is good value, I will have a go. I'm interested in anything if it's cheap enough."

Eccelstone, who has amassed a reported £3bn fortune over the years knows former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein, who left the club in acrimonious circumstances in April.

"I obviously talked to David (Dein) when they chucked him out, which I thought was a bit unnecessary, " said Eccelstone.

However, it seems Ecclestone would not be put off by that particular episode - nor would he by his allegiance to Chelsea, who he was interested in buying jointly with Renault boss Flavio Briatore some years go,

"Flavio and I were interested in Chelsea not so long ago," confirmed Ecclestone.

"I do go to Chelsea. Flav and I went to matches. I go when I've nothing else to do."

But then he added: "What problem would I be in with Chelsea if I bought Arsenal?"

i wondered if you were there as i saw you were online on the Board at time of Kick-Off.

watched it on TV and the atmosphere looked pretty cool........

Wi-Fi Enabled Phone Sayjaan, Since my phone is not CDMA compatable I use Skype over the internet in Korea, Thai360 is my home page so whenever I turn Wi-Fi on I appear online

Plus ca change ......

Manchester City have reportedly agreed a £10million fee for Mexico striker Nery Castillo.

But new owner Thaksin Shinawatra has told manager Sven-Goran Eriksson he must also look to Thailand for new signings.

Should he get the Mexican on board, Eriksson may then have to turn his attention to recruiting from the homeland of his club owner.

Former Thai Prime Minister Shinawatra completed the purchase of 75% of the club's shares on Monday to take total control.

And his lawyer Noppadol Pattama revealed: "The next step is to recruit or to buy new players from several national teams such as Italy, Sweden, Brazil and Thailand.

"We expect to select at least two Thai players from our national team to join Manchester City."

Blue moon ......

How two-faced can you get. Probably thinks, not good enough for ManU but will do fine for Sunderland.

Realistically, though, that's true, as it is for many other Premier league clubs, but particularly the new arrivals, and even moreso, Sunderland, after their previous two relegations. We are shopping in Robinsons, not Siam Paragon (though that's better than last time when we were queuing up at Tops!)

Archived