17 y.o. Gets Jail For Consenual Sex

Steve

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson was also charged in 2003 with raping a 17-year-old girl at the party, but a jury acquitted him of the charges.

Five other male partygoers accepted plea deals in the case. Wilson rejected the plea offer.

I think this guy has a bit of a history so it is not surprising he is behind bars.

Good question. I ve had this conversation a few times with friends. Its a very grey area.

I think I m probably a product of what society accepts as acceptable,ie, its not politically correct to condone a relationship with a massive age difference...but I suppose we should ask why.

Its a real difficult question. I mean I guess if an 18 yr old is having a relationship with a 40+ man is that really so wrong?...I dont know why this is a taboo in society... its possible they just might get on and love each other...

What is the reasoning behind the law of age of consent? I m guessing its something like an older man is exploiting someone who in the eyes of the law isnt mature enough to decide on a relationship...but surely people can be mature beyond their years. Some 17 yr olds are more mature than 21 yr olds...maybe society doesnt credit young people as having enough intelligence to make these decisions.

I really find this a difficult question to answer...I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to your reasoning...

For example, lets say a 16 year old girl is having a "relationship" with a 50 year old. Although I can t say this is wrong I can say thats its maybe not beneficial to both parties.

The reason being that they would be persecuted by society,socially it would be a very hard relationship to pull off. They both would have to change their lifestyle to the point that it might not be worth it. Disowned by family, looked down on by friends, unable to attend business meetings with your partner etc... He will be a pensioner when she is in her late 20's...

my reasoning would be thats it not practical and not beneficial for everyone involved.

However all these reasons are due to what society expects...so maybe the relationship isnt wrong...maybe society is wrong.

I don't know what the age of consent is in Georgia - it's not mentioned in the article - but we're talking about kids screwing around with other kids.

Someone mentioned dismissed rape charges. Might have something to do with all this, but I'll ignore it, for the moment.

I'm just trying to put my feet in that kid's shoes. I remember having a gangbang with some of my little sister's 14 year old friends when I was about 16. It was kind of an accident. :surprised:

I also remember my own little girl getting in some trouble at school for having a session in the McDonald's lady's room across the street from her school, with a black kid. :shocked:

Shit happens.

I just hope it's not a racial thing. Kids have sex - lets face it.

the main thing here is 'Consenual Sex'

so she AGREED to give him a BJ?.

perhaps she was the predator,perhaps it was something she liked doing?.

did she give evidence and admit to the act?.

if so i don't see a problem,even if she was underage.

as has been said before,kids will have sex and at whatever age THEY want to.

i don't know the US legal system,but in the UK previous convictions are not allowed to be revealed before the verdict.

but as he was not convicted for the alledged rape i don't know wether this can be mentioned?.

As far as I know governors of each state can pardon anyone just like the president can for those convicted in federal crimes (possibly all crimes, not sure). So why not petition the governor of the state?

Rev Al's involvement doesn't help. The scenario invites his involvement: southern state, Georgia, teen age white girl giving head to a young black male. If I were the family I'd have declined Rev Al's help. There has to be a number of more respectable local politicians who would be more than willing to help.

They don't say what race the other guys were but race shouldn't be a factor. Its just a bad verdict. Simply as that.

I had a 15 y.o. girlfriend when I was a 17 y.o. in HS...but this was Pennsylvania not Georgia.

His prior allegation is immaterial once 'consenual' made it in the case.

Archived