A scary close call. House shaken by bomb

Fidel

I was walking through the market near my house today. The Pakistani Bar Association is located there. The Chief Justice was due to make an appearance. The place was crawling with military and police.

I got a really unsettling feeling, almost like a sixth sense that made want to break into a run, but I settled for a fast walk.

A few minutes ago I heard a dull thud and my house shook. Just got an SMS to say it went off in the market I walked through earlier this evening.

Scary shit.

I woke up to explosions last Wednesday. Time for a hard hat and flak jacket, methinks.

Fidel,

You sound like a man after my own heart, I don't know if you remember the incident in Yanbu on the Red Sea Coast of Saudi Arabia 3 years back when (alleged) AQ terrorists attacked a job-site and dragged the bodies of 2 Aussies through Yanbu City center tied to the back of the pick up truck.

2 days after it happened I got the call and was asked to go to that site and close out the project, WTF the money was worth the risk plus I was guaranteed 3 Gallons of Sid a week.

Archived