Help me break up with my long time Thai gf

ow

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The discussion is now about Is OP selfish or not? And should he break off his rt or not?

In the selfishness talk there is not enough lingual nuances. When you act entirely on the basis of what is good for your self, not concerning others thats called selfish. Now every body is selfish in some way and on the other side of the coin there are ppl who are the ultimate narcissist who abuse others as they like. When you act on basis of considering the results of your actions for your self and others and do the best for both worlds that is self love. In this case you give yourself what you need first in order you can help others (typicly Buddhism).

To judge whether OP is in a state of Narcissism or Self Love, there are simply not enough facts. We need to know about OP's childhood and also girlfriends upbringing.

The question whether OP should break up is a bit nonsense after his opening statement of going to break up. Even if OP is not seeing things right and he is missing out on a wonderful girlfriend cause of false socialization and he is willing to admit and accept that and work on himself for a 3 years intensive psychotherapy, he is not happy to be with his girlfriend NOW is he? And if he throws away the baby with the bath water then its a lesson he needs to learn in Life.

Does the OP needs to take a good look at himself? Very likely, if he doesnt want his affairs to end this way till he dies.

Thanks topcatta for the reflections of the concept of selfishness, I am sure you have quite a few continental thinkers turning in their graves with the fear that, someday (probably very soon), their seat at god's table may be moved down a place.

I've been following this thread and had been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now I have to agree you really are a twat. :shakehead

I assume your response will be to post a link to some website. :rolleyes:

You wanted to know how to split up and now you have (almost), so surely the end of the thread :question:

Archived