Help me break up with my long time Thai gf

ow

JS, not being righteous in any sense...i'm just amazed someone asks advice on how to avoid/lessen hurting another when ending a long term relationship on a board dedicated to mongering. I also feel i gave good advice and spent considerable time on my replies to then be called a 'wanker'...I don't believe it's my problem if what i wrote was not considered/listened to...or wasn't what the OP wanted to read.

ow, you are clearly incapable of receiving any information that doesn't agree with what you think anyway....and are enjoying being insipid, as in fact i predicted in an earlier post. I've given you some good advice, from all angles. Really, i couldn't care less. Out of here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea whatever. You started with the insults. I give what I get. Its all here in black and white. You got up on your horse, assumed all sorts of crap, and got some crap back. Now you're gonna run away crying. Wanker hardly covers it.

Are there any Thai females on this board? If so Id really appreciate your input since the Thai girls I know are either her friends or in Thailand (I am currently in farang land).

I just finished reading the thread. Rather long but interesting nonetheless.

End the relationship asap. Your unability to commitment should not drag her world down with you too.

She will hurt but life is sufferring as Buddha said.

Be prepare to answer the important questions from her, eg. Why ? , What did I do to make you leave me? Name them and I will change myself for you. etc. You get the picture.

Please make the effort to travel up to meet her. Tell her that you have something to talk to her and won't be stay overnight. She might get a hint. It's cruel and coward to end the relationship on the phone. Or make the excuse for not wanting to travel upcountry to tell her face to face. She deserves the brave ending from you.

Be a gentleman, ok?

GTG

Atter about 18 months I was asking myself "Do I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman?" the more I thought about it the less appealling the idea became.

Towards the end of the relationship we both had a couple of weeks off work and spent the time together 24 hours a day having trips away to Pranburi, Kanchanaburi etc then a few days uo in CR and CM, at the end of the 2 weeks I knew she was not for me.

I still remember our last night together in CM, out for dinner and I told her straight but politley that after the previous 2 weeks I could not see us having a future together, we must have chatted until 3-4 AM in the morning and came to a mutual understanding and agreed to go our seperate ways.

I find it quite ironic that present day I am the one who has met someone else, settled down, married and living a semi-comfortable life whereas the ex is still living in rented apartments and still having a string of failled relationships.

Bottom Line : If it does not feel right, it probably isn't right, get out now for your own sanity, but at least show future-ex some respect and explain to her why you want to go your seperate way, she deserves that at least.

Mekong,

It was YOUR decision to end the relationship coz you knew that she wasn't right for you. But she was the one to be dumped. I guess her pride has been destroyed ever since. And it must have been hard for many people like her - men or women- to establish that again.

Good for you to have found your soulmate.

Cheers,

GTG

Yeah - 18 months later and she's still had her pride destroyed?

Every woman I've known bounced back a lot quicker than that, not casting any aspersions on how attractive Mr Mekong is as a mate :) (But that would be making this a gay thread, so I won't comment)

CTO

"End the relationship asap. Your unability to commitment should not drag her world down with you too."

Thanks for the input. I already did the deed, she took it well, we are on good terms. For the record my world is not being dragged down nor am I going down in any sense of the phrase.

"It's cruel and coward to end the relationship on the phone."

I did it on the phone, and she thanked me for doing it on the phone, saying if I had gone up she would have been shattered since she has waited to see me for so long. She said if I had done it in person (because I apologised for doing it over the phone) she would have been much more upset and is glad she can break it to her friends in her own time.

We arranged to meet for a weekend soon and have since talked on the phone about it a few times, and while she was upset she understands and seems to appreciate that I did it now and did not wait.

Id like to say this thread helped, but it didn't. Things i have learned- I will never give advice on the internet about relationships since it wholly depends on the individuals. If you don't know them, you can't say, and as such I am an idiot for asking in the first place. I was beside myself with worrying about causing her upset, which is my only excuse for thinking strangers would say anything useful.

So endeth the thread.

Lots of people said lots of useful things, you just didn't like the replies...that's the difference. A lot of people gave you good advice, but you didn't like it. You continue to make snide comments. Really, get over yourself.

A lesson you have learned (but i doubt it) is that if you post about an emotive subject, you might not like what you get back...People are different, no one has had your life, no one thinks quite the same way as you, other people know more than you, you are not automatically right.

She did take it remarkably well...

I'll say well done to you for having done it. I know it's a difficult thing to you. I wish both you and her well.

Archived