How many people are hiding in SE Asia?

unit731

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I am not hiding, quite the opposite I am blossoming. Black Gold (Oil and Gas) is a global ecconomy, it causes wars and civil unrest, fortunately for me it is my game.

Anyone who has worked in Thailand or other SE Asia countries will recognise the fact that even though the locals have the competance to fulfil their technical duties they do not have the balls to make a decision, so I offer my services as a sacrificial lamb, if the outcome is positive the local takes the plaudits, if its a fuck up blame the farang, rules of engagement.

As it stands currently no client has ever had a reason to say a bad word about my (our) team of multinational engineers (over 800 Thais in house), and our order books are full for the next 5 years plus.

I chose the expat life over 20 years ago and I have been fortunate (or respected) enough to be able to live the life in a country of my choice after all these years.

I never fool myself, it may all go tits up next week and I may be back on a 13 weeks on 3 weeks off In Qatar, but it is fun whilst it lasts!

Out of 4 UK guys I knew in the UK before they moved out here, one was escaping the VAT man, one was escaping the Tax man and one was escaping an unhappy marriage and looming maintanance payments, the other just retired after many years of ducking and diving. Two of them bought bars, one bought a gogo, the other purchased a beachside condo and a golf club membership. Two of the guys are now back in the UK poorer and wiser and are currently trying to raise the capital to escape again, one of them has 'dissapeared' I last heard of him in Hua Hin, the other can frequently be found around the bars in Pattaya living the dolce vita, I think Thailand attracts the more 'colourfull' characters, it's one of the reasons I like it so much.

Archived