How many people are hiding in SE Asia?

unit731

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But do they work? And what's happening when you board a plane?

I can't answer that since I have only ever traveled on a legitimate passport, but everytime I've passed through immigration/passport control on my way back into the UK I have never had my pasport examined, I held it open at the relevent page and walked straight through without stopping. it's a bit scary when you think about it.

But do they work? And what's happening when you board a plane?

I can't answer that since I have only ever traveled on a legitimate passport, but everytime I've passed through immigration/passport control on my way back into the UK I have never had my pasport examined, I held it open at the relevent page and walked straight through without stopping. it's a bit scary when you think about it.

The UK Immigration/Customs receives the pax manifest before the plane arrives and has already checked them.

I met an Aussie who made a conscious decision to take out a not insignificant loan and max out his credit cards with no intention of paying the money back. He told me that in Australia, after 5 or 10 years, your bad debt record is wiped or something. I don't know how he's doing now.

I met another nut job from England who was proud of the fact that he had run away from fraud and firearms charges. He was also quite proud of the fact that he had been stabbed by his Thai girlfriend. He was one to avoid in the bars.

There's an Irish guy I know of who had a place in Hua Hin, and was arrested because of alleged links to a massive drug smuggling operation.

I know another guy who was probably on the run from the law in the UK, over here he removed about US$50,000 from a "friend's" safe, and is now in the run from said friend elsewhere in SEA.

It transpired that another Brit guy whom I knew/know quite well had been on the run from the UK, US and Australia, finally winding up here... and ultimately in Bang Kwang. He was involved in fraud and monry laundering and was expelled from Australia.

Archived