Sukhothai Photos!!!

Old Hippie

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other park is, I assume, Si Satchanali (or something like that). I visited in 1995 -- it's very similar in size and styles to Sukhothai proper, but the conservation approached was less sanitizing, has a bit more of an unkempt feel to it. Although I don't remember much, I do remember liking Si Satchanali more than Sukhothai.

It was in Si Sathcanali that, 5 years ago, my then live in GF Nok made her big mistake. While I was clambering the ruins for a photo opportunity, she borrowed my phone to phone a friend. When i later looked at it by accident, she had phone a number in England for some minutes.

That was the beginning of the unraveling, that led me on a trail to her email, to the email address of the parallel lover, being booked to come while I was out of the country. In short, the beginning of the end.

Funny to read that. the town I'm in now was where she and I hid out for a few weeks a year earlier, the end of the beginning. Wish her well with her English tattooist.....

The other park is, I assume, Si Satchanali (or something like that). I visited in 1995 -- it's very similar in size and styles to Sukhothai proper, but the conservation approached was less sanitizing, has a bit more of an unkempt feel to it. Although I don't remember much, I do remember liking Si Satchanali more than Sukhothai.

That is the one! ALso some museums and Kilns as well...will catch them this next trip! ANy tips to pass along?

Archived