English speaking Fortunetellers in BKK

dabbish

An organization called the Australian Skeptics have set a cash prize of $100,000 to anyone who can prove, by taking part in some simple experiments, that they have psychic abilities.

So far no one has won it yet and this is since the challenge first begun back in 1980.

More info here:

http://www.skeptics.com.au/prizes/challenge.htm

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'a Man in her life'

my Mum and my father had split up and i was the 'Man in her life'

she still calls me her 'little Man',so don't tell me what my Mum says.....you have no fucking idea.

and my Mum never got a black cat because of the appointment,at the time we had a dog.

'your mum got the black cats because she had already been told that black animals would be important to her'

i wonder where that logic comes from?.

where does that come from?,someone on the street telling her she would have black cats in the future(sounds physic to me).

she was born in 1939 and coming from a farming background she grew up with dogs,never had cats as eventually being a single parent could not look after any animal when out at work 12 Hours a Day.

and i NEVER said she was told she would have a black animal,just that black would become an important colour in her life.

her first black cat was not her choice.

her Brother was moving to New York and had to get rid of his kitten.

he drove 150 Miles to leave the kitten on our doorstep?.

and we have never ever bought a cat,that to me is slavery.

i will buy a loaf of bread or 6 eggs but a live cat is a no-no.

So there was only 1 man in her life. The FT got it wrong. :p As a test go ask 3 women at work to name 2 men that are close to them. I predict 100% success rate.

Look the FT said a bunch of things AND your Mum gave tells/ asked questions. I doubt your Mum is an expert poker player. It was your Mum that made these vague/common predictions specific to her life. The FT never said your Mum would have several black cats. I am sure your Mum has several black shoes, maybe black handbags, etc.

The way your Mum dressed, spoke, and the evidence that she removed a wedding ring gives a FT a good basis for starting her line of predictions/questions.

is an example of cold reading.

Here's a better one, it's a bit long winded but it should convince the believers they're being cheated out of their money by a bunch of thieving charletans, I think Barnum nailed it when he stated 'you can fool some of the people all of the time', all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

seems you are having a bad day insulting everyone

mellow out dude

I wasn't the one that started with the insults. Maybe I shouldn't lower myself to his level but people like that really piss me off.

Dude, I have no words ....

Yeah you seem to be lacking arguments too.

i never said i believed in this thing and i don't think i ever will.

and as i said my Mum did not believe when she went.

but the practice in those Days was to write down what was said and she did and still has the papers to this Day.

i know that FT's gather any info they can from people about their past and their present lives.

but telling the future is another matter.

your remark about black bags or shoes is valid but does it mean?.

black is not really a Woman's colour,what if she had said a pastel shade of Green?.

does that mean many of our cats would have been Green by association of the word?.

time dims the memories but chatting to my Mum she swears on my life that as an unbeliever she never gave any positive or negative answers to the probing questions,normally just a 'maybe'.

she was told in 1969 that a memeber of her Family would suffer from a blood complaint begining with P and ending with the letters Mia in Years to come.

funny that for the last 6 Months i have been suffering from a complaint with the same letters.

i would ask how my Mother managed to predict this and pass the knowledge over a period of 37 Years?,you seem to have the answers .

but as you and others seem to know my Mother better than me and are accusing her of lying then i will leave this thread.

you seem to know more about her life then i ever will...........

Check Derren Brown, Psychologist, he does a really good job of pretending to be a psychic, he appeared to be very accurate, but he just used psychology. The process is a simple one, you fish, check responses, use well known, well rehearsed vague openings, the client will make them fit. Everyone wants to believe, it's why religion is so successful.

Blood complaints are very common. It would be unusual if over a period of 37 years someone in her family didn't suffer one. Anyone can make vague "predictions" and they'll come true but you can put it down to psychic powers if you want. Where were you educated BTW?

No one is accusing your mother of lying. You're not thinking or speaking rationally on this subject.

Archived