700 baht barfines at Soi Cowboy

Neo

Baccarat is 700? Are you sure? I haven't barfined from there for about 2 weeks but last time it was 600 + a mandatory 2 lady drinks (which of course effectively makes it 900B). 900B barfines are already in place. Don't tell me it's now 1000B! :shocked:

Not sure' date=' but two guys told me they were quoted 700.

HH

[/quote']

Might be the upstairs section?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a rort the "mandatory" 2 lady drinks are! :mad:

When I was in Baccarat three weeks ago, chasing my pocket-rocket whoM I'd wanted to bar fine for 6 months she told me about this rule when I offered to BF her for a short time.

(I just walked in, ordered a beer, she came sat down and I asked her straight away).

I check-binned straight away and told her that I wasn't impressed with that little bit of skull-duggery the bar is trying on. (Not the pocket-rocket's fault, and I told her I realised that).

Forget the 30-or-so LD's that I'd bought for her (plus a few drinks here-and-there for other birds) over the previous 6 months (AT LEAST!)

One of the Mamasans there knows me quite well and has done for a long while. On the way out I told her that I thought the mandatory 2-drink rule is complete bollocks. She said that she would like to bend the rules for me, but if "manager find out she have big phom-phem!"

So much for rewarding customer loyalty! :mad:

Won't be going back there for a good long while - if ever.

No wonder there is no direct translation for "the big picture" in Thailand! :banghead:

But compared to, say, 10-15 years ago, not crowded. Then, everynight was Saturday night.

Perhaps, but memories malleable and I would not trust my own for a comparison of my first impressions of Thailandâ??s nightlife to my impressions now after living here for over 13 years. I am more confident going back, say, four or five years to the height of the new social order nonsense: Soi Cowboy is more crowded and more lively than it was back then. And it is certainly more crowded and lively than NEP is now â?? that comparison is easy to make.

I also like the new bars and the ten or twenty extra Baht for a drink really doesnâ??t bother me that much â?? I see Soi Cowboy as improving. I am willing to pay that premium for the things that Soi Cowboy offers and NEP does not. Judging by the crowds, the same seems to be true of other customers.

If only NEP could get its act together.

On Bacarra: the BGs do press for ladydrinks, and it is slightly annoying, but the bar fine was only 600 Baht - I am certain of that.

I don't mind the new bars either - they tend to be more adventurous in the showing department and that's to be commended. They just need to get some more talent in.

I'm similarly mystified about the guys who care more about 10/20 baht on beer than the much more important distinction between showing and non-showing.

The real villains of NEP's decline are (sorry for harping on about this :) ) the Rainbow and Crown groups. If only they'd get off their lazy, back-stabbing, arses, we might be able to have proper showing again.

(All fun comes from showing. :) )

The main trouble about all those 'new guy Arab' bars is not the drink prices. It's the lack of talent. He'd do better if he reduced the number of bars and shoved all the girls into one or two of them.

That's one of the minor Nana problems too. 10 years ago there at least seemed to be more girls. Now there seem to be fewer. Could this be simply because there are more bars open and the girls are more spread out?

It's annoying to have to walk into many shitty little bars with just a few girls rather than fewer bars but each with a greater number of girls.

The main talent in Spice Girls has to be the girl who (sometimes) works the doors. I'm not sure if she's available (the way she carries herself suggests that she's not or that, if she is, it's expensive).

She has big jubblies. :p

Bibs, I think its been mentioned on this board before? But from what I heard the Arab or whatever he is is'nt that bothered how many girls he has as the bars appear to be there to launder money? :cover: One minute he was half skint the next he is opening bars all over the place. Its the same with a number of pubs/non girlie bars in Bangkok. Generally accepted they are paid for with boiler room money?

Simie.

Well, SC has improved in terms of the number of barfineable girls...looks-wise. But many of the NEP/Patpong transplants have brought attitudes with them that were basically non-existent in SC not many years ago. I mentioned this to a regular and she agreed. Many girls jai rai.

HH

One of the Mamasans there knows me quite well and has done for a long while. On the way out I told her that I thought the mandatory 2-drink rule is complete bollocks. She said that she would like to bend the rules for me, but if "manager find out she have big phom-phem!"

So much for rewarding customer loyalty! :mad:

How many times must I say this, you waste your breath, energy and whatever brain cells one expends in anger when you try to appeal to any concept of customer loyalty with Thai bar management...they really DO NOT CARE if you never come back again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't have a valid gripe...I totally understand your anger at the situation. But you are very much wasting your time vocalizing it to them. "The customer is always right" has absolutely NO possibility of being translated into Thai...

preahko

Archived