When do you tip and not tip, worldwide ?

Partyguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at a resturant in OH's hometown the other day and received my bill. At the bottom of the bill they had calculated 3 different percentages for tipping purposes. I think it was 15% 18% & 20%

I've never seen that before but guess it could help people who have a problem with math or who aren't familiar with the going rates.

Lucky I do not need to tip at McDonalds' date=' Burger King and 7-11 :)

OC[/quote'] I'm sorry to say that is probably not far behind. It seems every convenience store in the States has a fucking tip jar sitting on the counter now days. :onfire: :banghead::cussing:

I don't mind tipping but this is the equivalent to begging for change. A tip for ringing me up at the register? :thumbdown:

I go to a sit down resturaunt maybe once a month,

so its not a big thing to me,

But I still go with the point thats its a bad way to run an industry , where you do not pay your employees shit but expect the customers to chip in for their wages,

And if you do not "donate" enough you are givin flack by the workers,

The OWNERS are the ones that should be given flake for not paying their employees a fair wage,

Go into Robinsons and buy some clothes , lets see how 15-20% added to that bill will fly.

Bad idea all around

OC

Guest lazyphil

i'd do very well with xmas tips when i worked as a postie, had a regular route for 12 years in a affulent village......usually 650 pounds tax free los spending loot (those that gave made up for the tight arses!!), some people gave me chocolates and whiskey, nice, but couldn't use to pay a barfine or contribute to air tickets, and there was no such thing as ebay in them days!

I always tip 15% in restraunts, and generally tip the same or more in South East Asia because the people are so poor here.

If you tip in most reastraunts at home does anybody tip at McDonalds, KFC etc. The employees at the fast food restraunts get minimum wage but receive no tips that I have ever seen.

In the US I tip 20% of the bill, pure and simple. Anyone who says 15% is a fucking cheapskate trying to live in a past of about 20 years ago...

20%?! Is that the going rate? That's f*cking ridiculous. Thank f*ck I don't live in America. :nono:

Tipping up 5% in 20 years. So, there will come a day when the tip's more than the bill, then? great. :doah:

jack :help:

...People dont realize that servers at restaurants usually have to pay a 4-6% house tip on your bill regardless if you tip them or not...

This "have to" 4-6% fee must be a regional thing. Cuz folks I talk to (and my own very dated experience) tell me that one does "tip out" the busboy, hostess (and bartender, if applicable), the amount is up to them. And if they get stiffed, then they do not tip out the other staff. :dunno:

This applies to MidWest & SE USA. Other areas, YMMV.

And yes, to all the others, I would MUCH rather, as a consumer, that the US adapt the Oz/UK/Europe et al system of paying servers a decent wage and put the prices of the food/drinks up...making a tip exactly that, instead of a requirement. (Ugh! What a clunky, but I think grammatically correct and correctly punctuated, sentence LOL!)

Cheers,

SD

I was at a resturant in OH's hometown the other day and received my bill. At the bottom of the bill they had calculated 3 different percentages for tipping purposes. I think it was 15% 18% & 20%

I've never seen that before but guess it could help people who have a problem with math or who aren't familiar with the going rates.

The dipshits around here practically demand tips for nothing, pisses me off. Those in restaurants expect a top wage for carrying food 10 feet from the kitchen to the table (or less effort than that). SOme of these shit heads bitch how hard they work in a 4-6 hour shift and complain that $200cash is not enough.

These fuck wits work 3-4 days a week part time, and yet demand what a skilled/educated person makes for 40 hours, fuck these people, oh, and Bicycle messengers, massage therapists and a few others as well...I just want to grab these assholes by the throat, shake them and yell "...stop pissing me off, and demanding tips and high salaries, get a real job you lazy low ambition fuck wits!..."

Archived