Evel Knievel dies at 69

cavanami

"....1974, attempt to clear the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in a rocket-powered "Skycycle." The money came from ticket sales, paid sponsors and ABC's "Wide World of Sports."

I remember spending hours as a kid glued to the TV waiting for the jump. What a fizzer. Always thought of the guy as just another loud mouth wanker after that....... :rip:

I had an evil knevil toy but I'm not sure it was the same as the one pictured. I distinctly remember an orange ramp with a crank on it. You would attach Evil to the ramp, crank the shit out of the handle and press a release button resulting in what else....another crash :D

He was the man in the 70's!

Munch, Kanye had a video where he played a EK like character. His son does the same thing he's doing I think but I also heard he was estranged from his son. Bad memories from his son's childhood.

I recall a few of us in my friend's neighborhood trying to jump a few transhcans over a skateboard ramp with our bicycles and would have broken our necks if a neighbor didn't run us off. ; )

Archived