Looking for a hotel for my parents

khunsanuk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

They cannot afford to travel around like that, and neither can I at the moment. In the past we have traveled around a bit (they've already seen Samui, Chiang Mai/Rai, Khao Yai, Ayuthaya) and do plan to visit Kanchanaburi this time. As BJ mentioned though, main purpose is to spend time together.

As for staying at my place, they have in the past, but I live rather deep inside a very quiet soi. And since I'll be at work most of the time, they would be very bored. Their English is not that great and they would not be comfortable traveling through BKK on their own.

Sanuk!

Reflections new location is still being built, it is open, but no where as good as old place . . YET. It will be good, just down the Soi it was on the cornet off, but no pool.

Walk/drive past SomTam Bangkok (great restaurant)and it's down there, old building used to be called Deva Restaurant.

It's been a few years, but some older friends from the States stayed in the Royal River on the Thonburi side near Krung Thon Bridge. It was cheap enough then and they had a big balcony room overlooking the river, plus breakfast was included in the price. There's a free river boat to the River City Shopping Centre, plus a free shuttle bus to the Pin Klao area. If you walk to the foot of the bridge, you can catch the riverboat service going up and down the river too.

They told me they priced the same hotel on line and got all sorts of prices. They picked the cheapest.

Hi,

Thanks, Flash, but that sounds rather far away from me, which isn't really that convenient either as I will be traveling back and forth quite a bit.

Does anybody know anything about the Trinity in Silom? Location and price sound quite good, but I have never heard of it.

Sanuk!

it is part of the complex behind the main Bangkok Bank branch on Silom. It is a bit shabby and awkward to get to, but it might be ok. You should go look first. Turn left on Silom Soi 3 (just before Bangkok Bank), go past post office, you will see a sign to turn right on the next soi. It is an office, shopping complex with hotel next door. You can also walk down Soi 5 which is a shopping street all the way to the complex.

Decent hotels in Silom area at 1,500 are hard to find.

Archived