Looking for a hotel for my parents

khunsanuk

Hi,

My parents will be here mid Jan and I'm looking for a decent place for them.

Their budget is about 1,500 Baht / night and they will be staying for 4 weeks.

Did a bit of research already. Have found the following possible options and would like to hear some feedback on them:

Best Western The Elegance Suite Bangkok

Silom Residence @ Trinity Hotel

Baiyoke Suite

Centrepoint Petchburi

I would also imagine that since they are staying for 4 weeks a discount on the shown rate should be possible. Tim, what are your thoughts on that?

Sanuk!

PS Tim, just spent a bit of time on your site and one issue I have is the location maps. The site is fine and looks great, but the maps are pretty much useless. I guess for people unfamiliar with BKK, a general area is fine, but for people like me I want to know the exact location of the hotel, not the general area. Not a massive issue, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

I have stayed at Baiyoke Suite. The rooms are large, but very old and tattered.

If it was my parents coming, I wouldn't put them in there at all.

It's also a VERY busy location being in the heart of Pratunam Market, so if they don't like chaos and crowds, best avoided.

Also, the lifts are UNBELIEVABLY slow!!

Hi,

Apartment? Yes, I have been looking at this as well (serviced that is, normal apartment would be too much hassle), but couldn't find anything in the areas that they'd like to stay.

They have been in the lower Sukhumvit area twice already and would like to stay in a different part of town now. The area should have 'stuff to see' (i.e. shopping, restaurants, etc.); they liked the streetstalls on Sukhumvit for instance.

Figured either Silom or Pratunam area would fit.

Have considered the Fortune hotel as well, but that turned out to be too expensive (2100 was the cheapest rate I found).

MooNoi, thanks for the comment on the Baiyoke Suite. Guess I can scratch that one of the list.

Sanuk!

I would try to get them near a Skytrain station. Or a short walk to one.

A condohotel or suites seems like a better bet for 4 weeks.

Also, the Bridge on the River Quai tour - the overnight - they put them up at a decent hotel - is a good trip.

KS, I know you said you wanted a change from Sukhumvit, but I just heard from a guy who stayed at the new Adelphi suites serviced apartment on Sukhumvit soi 8 and he said they where very good, as good as the Majestic Grande where he'd previously stayed. Their monthly rate for a 36 sq m studio is also within your parents budget at 45,000 baht. And very convenient of course for the BTS.

Simie.

Archived