Looking for a hotel for my parents

khunsanuk

Hi,

My parents will be here mid Jan and I'm looking for a decent place for them.

Their budget is about 1,500 Baht / night and they will be staying for 4 weeks.

Did a bit of research already. Have found the following possible options and would like to hear some feedback on them:

Best Western The Elegance Suite Bangkok

Silom Residence @ Trinity Hotel

Baiyoke Suite

Centrepoint Petchburi

I would also imagine that since they are staying for 4 weeks a discount on the shown rate should be possible. Tim, what are your thoughts on that?

Sanuk!

PS Tim, just spent a bit of time on your site and one issue I have is the location maps. The site is fine and looks great, but the maps are pretty much useless. I guess for people unfamiliar with BKK, a general area is fine, but for people like me I want to know the exact location of the hotel, not the general area. Not a massive issue, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Sanuk,

Agree with the maps. Someone to correct next year.

Centre Point Petchburi would be a good choice except the rates are increases Jan 1 to over 2100 Baht per night.

Swiss Park hotel?

Classic Place hotel?

Will give some others soon.

Tim

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Swiss Park is not an option, too close to the area they were in last 2 times.

Classic Place looks decent, and has a 30% discount for long stay. Can't find the rates though (there's rooms & rates page, but no rates on there).

Others I am considering:

Euro Grand

Manohra

Silom Residence Trinity

Fortune Hotel would be great, but their rates are too high. Asia Hotel probably as well (1,850++).

How much is the Emerald? Can't find a rate on their site either.

Sanuk!

Ok...I've been thinking about this for a week or so...

(amongst other "trivial" matters)

Here's the DC challange....wait for it..

and...having said that...let me say this first....

Collectively, we all derive a lot of enjoyment from the Board.... and KS has made no secret of the fact that, right now, things are not exactly "Rosey"....

So, I challenge another 39...(or 100) Boardies to join with me and Pledge the (not so large) sum of 1k baht each... to be the Happy Christmas pressie to KS (& family) to make sure Ma & Pa have a pleasant stay in LOS

To my thinking, this will enable them to upgrade to some quite comfy Digs for the duration of their visit....

Note: KS this is not intended IN ANY WAY, as a charitable hand out as far as I'm concerned, but rather just a small way of saying Thank you for all the effort you put in (with obviously very little returns)

Nothing EVER surprises me....BUT...I will be GOB SMACKED if we can't pull off this Festive Season gesture of Goodwill

So...here's the list:

I PLEDGE the miserly sum of 1,000 Bt to the family renuion fund....please add your name below:

1. Cumb Dunt

& so on

Come on guys...It's less than a few drinks.... or a couple of BF's

If I've "shamed" anyone into putting their hand into their pocket.....

I'M HAPPY....lol

Cheers DC

Hi,

DS, much appreciated and I do understand the spirit this was made in. And yes, my financial situation at the moment is far from comfortable due to not being paid for 5 months. The price one pays for taking a risk on a new project (which will hopefully start paying off in a few months).

As a result I have had to cut down on expenses (no PS3 for Xmas as I was hoping :( ), but I do not think it will impact my parents holiday much.

To be honest, even if you guys did raise an extra 40K and I would offer to put my parents in a more expensive/nicer hotel, I am not sure they'd accept it. They are simple people and were very happy last time staying at the Stable Lodge.

Sanuk!

KS-

I would kinda encourage you to skip Trinity. It was planned as the elite luxury apt of BKK, failed and is now hotel and service apts on many floors.

Have not heard good things about service there.

The best part of Trinity is that you have a view of the Patpong entrance from many of the higher floors and you are a two minute walk. Doubt this would be of interest to your parents, though!

The plus side is it is very easy to get to train and subway.

Archived