Looking for a hotel for my parents

khunsanuk

I think you could get them into the Asia Hotel in the Siam area. Has a BTS stop directly connected to the hotel by about a 50-foot walkway. I've been in the place a few times; booked a friend there for a few nights. Looked okay. In fact, I'd stay there if it weren't so far from NEP/SC. It's a 3-3 1/2* hotel that seems to cater to tour groups. Last I checked, you could get a room for about 1200-1500/night including a breakfast. Just make sure they get a regular-sized room. They're big. NOT one of their "cabin rooms" (as on board a ship). Might be worth a "looksee".

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/bangkok.htm

Oops! Like every place else, rates have escalated. But you might be able to get a better deal for a long stay by personal contact rather than on the internet.

HH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

If you are looking at 1 month you may wish to consider Soi Tonson, diagonally opposite Central Chidlom, a nice quiet soi central with good serviced apartments at a decent rate.

A good friend of mine who is a freelance photographer makes his base there 4-5 months / year when he is working this side of the world, IMHO better than centerpoint and 30% cheaper.

Archived