normal life?

buddha

Or was the market so bright that they didn't care?

Well I guess, this is the clue. Down here in Krautland they hire about everyone who can press a key and switch on a monitor, just so the competitors do not get him/her. Same goes with engineers.

But if you do not deliver, you are replaced by an Indian in not time.

Strange world!

MaW

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

question is would 'munchie' call bibs a wanker face to face. easy to get personal and offensive behind a key board.....bibblies could quite easily kick his ass for that :smirk: (not knowing either i wouldn't know hence best be civil on the internet!)

....Munchie, you start a sentence by saying "I was watching The Sopranos 6.2..."

So it's fair to say that you enjoy watching dysfunctional, non-normal behaviour? After all, it's a series all about that. And you're so interested in it that you're on series 6...

A bit hypocritical of you then, isn't it? You, like everyone else, find this sort of behaviour more entertaining to watch than people cleaning themselves up and working quietly in IT.

What an idiotic statement. :rolleyes::shakehead The Sopranos is a highly entertaining, award winning, TV show enjoyed by tens of millions of people (probably far more) around the world, including many I'm sure on this board. Yes, it's about a dysfunctional family but that does not reflect on the people who watch it for it's entertainment value. Anyway I was merely comparing the attitude of one of the characters to your own.

As for why I'm on Series 6.2, that's because it's the latest and last series and has just recently been released on DVD. It started in 1999 and yes, like most people who have enjoyed The Sopranos, or any other show for that matter, I've watched them all.

P.S. If you know of any TV series about "people cleaning themselves up and working quietly in IT" then please let me know.

....And yet you can't stand a tiny little taster of it in real life? From someone that we hardly know (and many people think is really a windup!) From someone who prostrated himself for our entertainment? Assuming he isn't a windup, Buddha can't have been that close to the edge anyway if he's lucid enough to post on the board about his experiences and discplined enough to change. He always struck me as a wannable Hemmingway - the sort of guy who likes to write and play up his experiences in his writing - but, crucially, he never really intended to pull the trigger.

You may be right but I give him the 'benefit of the doubt'.

....You're also getting rather serious and emotional over two characters you don't even know - me and buddha. In fact, I'm living the former life of buddha at the moment. (I've noted the similarities before.) Are you going to get all emotional and supportive when the time comes with me too? How sweet! :) I love you, big man! :hug:

Not now.

question is would 'munchie' call bibs a wanker face to face. easy to get personal and offensive behind a key board.....bibblies could quite easily kick his ass for that :smirk: (not knowing either i wouldn't know hence best be civil on the internet!)

Is that the question Phil? I did not realise that. :dunno:

....Munchie' date=' you start a sentence by saying [i']"I was watching The Sopranos 6.2..."[/i]

So it's fair to say that you enjoy watching dysfunctional, non-normal behaviour? After all, it's a series all about that. And you're so interested in it that you're on series 6...

A bit hypocritical of you then, isn't it? You, like everyone else, find this sort of behaviour more entertaining to watch than people cleaning themselves up and working quietly in IT.

What an idiotic statement. :rolleyes::shakehead The Sopranos is a highly entertaining, award winning, TV show enjoyed by tens of millions of people (probably far more) around the world, including many I'm sure on this board. Yes, it's about a dysfunctional family but that does not reflect on the people who watch it for it's entertainment value. Anyway I was merely comparing the attitude of one of the characters to your own.

As for why I'm on Series 6.2, that's because it's the latest and last series and has just recently been released on DVD. It started in 1999 and yes, like most people who have enjoyed The Sopranos, or any other show for that matter, I've watched them all.

P.S. If you know of any TV series about "people cleaning themselves up and working quietly in IT" then please let me know.

You're missing the point.

The point is you obviously enjoy this sort of thing like the rest of us yet are pretending to feel all concerned when a guy you don't even know, and who has deliberated presented himself as a character on the board, cleans himself up.

I like watching these characters too. To me, buddha was one of them. Selfishly, maybe, it's more interesting for me reading about his 'bad' experiences than his computer programming life in NY. And there are too many normal people around.

If he looks anything like his avatar, I'm guessing I might be able to give his huge(?) hairy Scottish arse a few kicks and then run around him a few times without the angry fat man being able to catch up. :)

Meeting people certainly makes it different. For example, having met Fidel a few months ago, I can't imagine having an argument with him again. In person, he's the mildest bloke you could ever meet. If he were in Top Gun, he'd be 'Goose' - everyone would love him. And he doesn't even have a beard. :)

Hi,

Knock it off. No need to get personal, okay?

Sanuk!

Not to kiss up to the boss or anything, but: :yeahthat:

If I was more motivated I'd look it up, but i think someone in some year said something like: I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it... unless of course you insist on calling other folks wankers and Patpong Lover, which is boring. Anyway, personal bs aside... has Thai360 reached the point at which buddha -- upon voluntary return to the board with smug cheerful gloating about newfound normalcy -- cannot be poked and goaded a bit about life's possibilities?! my memory is crap, but as i recall buddha's game - whether he's real or not - was to try to fire up discussion, and he did it well on more than one occasion -- now he should, as usual, be ready to take as good as he gives (which in his case just might mean getting barebacked by a drunk-n-stoned pre-op katoey whose on the verge of a nervous breakdown...).

besides the fact that buddha should and can take what he gets, bibblies is in good company with his advice, i'd say - lin chi (a mildly successful fortune-cookie manufacturer, graffiti artist, and hairdresser to the stars) once told me that the road to excess leads folks like buddha to the palace of wisdom, and that what does not kill him makes him stronger, and i believe this lin chi fellow, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- it's better to burn out than to fade away... etc. etc.

i suspect we haven't heard the last of young buddha yet, but then again, I'm probably just a Patpong-loving wanker.

YimSiam

Guest lazyphil

well would you call anyone a wanker face to face?...a stranger i mean not a mate who in this case can say such things and get away with it......i suspect you wouldn't but you could be hard as nails for all i know so i hope we dont meet or my ass might get kicked!

Archived