Is Tom Cruise out of control?

Flashermac

The whole thing is a joke really. Was started by a 50's pulp science fiction writer (L. Ron Hubbard-not even a good sci fi writer) who declared he was going to start his own religion. He wrote a book 'Dianetics' I think was the name of it, which is the basis for the religion and which has all the rulkes and ideas behind it. But then again, it is no worse than say, Seventh Day Adventists, which had a leader who prophecized the end of the world quite a few times, always wrong and explained away. The SDAs forget to talk about their early history and the bullshit it was involved in. Mormons were just as bad and an evil bunch of fuckers as well. All bullshit, but just goes to show even in modern times these 'cults' can gain religious status. Add in the Moonies and others and you have a nice blueprint on how to start your own religion, and make MILLIONS. No different than most of the major religions, just newer. They are all 'barking' as someone put it. People need something to believe in, the weak minded at least. They all prey on the weak minded. They are leeches.

Cent

p.s. And Tom Cruise? The man is disturbed, seriously out of touch with reality. And with all that money he makes he gets his pulpit and interviews by the media. The man is obviously deranged and brainwashed. Yet he is nearly incoherent and babbles on in an way that shows he hasn't two brain cells to rub together. An actor, and a moron to boot getting millions for his play acting. These are our heroes. What a fucking joke. We pay these nitwits millions. :) And they have the money and fame to be listened to on just about anything. Fuckin' Oprah, Jane Fonda, Barbara Streisand, etc. Does anyone take these fruitcakes seriously?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching an interview with Travolta and at least he came across as intelligent. Cruise is a complete nutter.

Andrew Denton: You've always credited Scientology as being the thing that's kept you going.

John Travolta:Yes.

Andrew Denton: Held you together. Currently you're â?? and correct me if I'm wrong â?? an operating thetan. Is that right?

John Travolta:Well, I wouldn't dare get into the nomenclature at this point because it's like going into doctors' nomenclatureâ?¦

Andrew Denton: Well, what I was intrigued with, what I read is, it said that amongst the skills that you've developed is the ability to control energy, space, time and matter, which I'd love to have on my business card. What does that mean?

John Travolta:Well, what it means is that, well, all of the things around us are made of matter, and we're living in space, and we're registering time.

Andrew Denton: Yeah.

John Travolta:And the better you can control it, the better off you'll be.

Andrew Denton: So when you walk into a room like this â?? albeit not a normal roomâ?¦

John Travolta:A beautiful room.

Andrew Denton: A beautiful room. When you walk into a room like this, or any room, how do you employ that?

John Travolta:Well, I make sure that I look at individuals' faces, and I see the affection they have for me, and the affection that I have back for them, and that starts it. Then I know, because I feel the affection, that I could talk to them if I wanted. Couldn't I talk to any one of you if I wanted?

AUDIENCE: Yes!

WOMAN: Please!

John Travolta:Then, uhâ?¦

LAUGHTER

John Travolta:'Please'?!

I could start a conversation, and then we could get to know each other better. And then, suddenly, there's a good feeling. But I could also walk in and ignore that. And that could get me into troubleâ?¦to ignore it, because it's there. And I should acknowledge it. It's beautiful, you see? So that's what I'm saying. I come in, I control it by actually looking at someone who looks quite wonderful, and saying hi to them, you know. You're welcome.

Andrew Denton: I think the entire audience wants to date you.

LAUGHTER

John Travolta:Group date.

Andrew Denton: Why do people get so freaked out about Scientology? Because it's almost treated like 'The Invasion of the Body Snatchers'.

John Travolta:I don't know, you know. I think the best thing is to read about it. You know, that's always the best thing, is that you find out for yourself and make up your own mind. That's what you're encouraged to do, anyway. So I think you just get a good book, read it, and find out for yourself.

Cent, add in the Nation of Islam as well that is complete heresy to traditional moslems because their founder claims he is a prophet and the quran says that Mohammed is the last and final one. Anyway, they believed in some mad scientist named Yacob who created white people centuries ago. They were regarded with the same contempt as Christians do SDAs. However, politically middle east moslem leaders didn't denounce them as the blacks who followed could be used politically and an ally within the U.S. I got into a few discussion on the train and stopped because a lot of them were ex-cons and would try and physically impose themselves on you in a way to win an argument. Not worth it. Had a lot of discussions with 7th Days, Jehovah Witnesses and others well.

Anyway, the Scientologists give out this questionaire to everyone to fill out. What it really does do is they are able to tell through your answers if you're searching, confused, weak minded, etc. There are a lot of similarities to exercises that motivational speakers use, Anthony Robbins and others.

To some extent all relgions give you a peace to deal with reality. Some take it and run with it and become zealots.

As I said in an earlier post, lots of celebs belong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientologists

A few surprises for me on the list are:

Kirstie Alley

Sonny Bono (deceased 1998)

Doug E. Fresh (one of my fave rappers growing up)

Greta Van Susteren (Fox news)

Van Morrison (listed as a former scientologist)

The entire boards of Manchester United and Tottenham (okay, how else do you account for some of the crazy stuff these clubs and their fans do? :smirk: )

I wonder if they have any hot chicks at their services? You'd think with all the actors involved, its quite possible? Hmmm...I'm having naughty thoughts about visiting one of their services. :smirk:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of quid pro quo network going on amongst them, where they help each other get on projects, etc. With all those actors involved, I'd be surprised if they didn't hook each other up.

There's a lot of sad, bored and lonely people out there who are easily led into an environment that is outwardly more friendly and exciting than anything they have known before.

I think a lot of celebrities enjoy the scene because they get the full royalty treatment and it's a break from the artificial world they are forced to live in.

Sure cult religions are equally artificial but it's still a break from what they're used to.

Sonny Bono officially denied being a Scientologist, though he was one. Wouldn't have helped him any politically. Actually, he was supposed to have been a fairly good Congressman - before he tried to keep up with the Kennedys. :(

Dianetics is Hubbard's book. He claimed he spent years of research before he wrote it. His ex-wife said he simply sat down at a typewriter and pounded out whatever came into his head. If anyone can understand what Hubbard was going on about in Dianetics, please tell me. The book is an unorganised mess.

There's a lot of sad, bored and lonely people out there who are easily led into an environment that is outwardly more friendly and exciting than anything they have known before.

I think a lot of celebrities enjoy the scene because they get the full royalty treatment and it's a break from the artificial world they are forced to live in.

Sure cult religions are equally artificial but it's still a break from what they're used to.

The same could be said about certain people who visit Thailand!

I asked one of my profs why black folks would join the Nation of Islam, with its nutty ideas. He pointed out that it was founded in the 1930s, back when there was legal discrimination against African-Americans in many states (and not just in the south). It was an anti-American - or at least anti-American white establishment - movement. The only independent countries in Africa at the time were Liberia (founded by freed slaves) and Ethiopia (an ancient Christian country). So the founders looked further east to the Arab world. Basically, W. D. Fard started the NoI. He came to the US and began calling himself Farad Muhammad. Elijah Muhammad (formerly Elijah Poole) met hism and later said that Farad Muhammad was Allah come down to earth. Yeah, right. Interesting that Farad Muhammad himself was not black!

:rolleyes:

"Wallace Fard Muhammad (born circa 1891 â?? year of death unknown) was a preacher and founder of Faradian Islam, the Black-nationalist movement called the Nation of Islam (NOI), establishing its first mosque in Detroit, Michigan. He preached his distinctive religion there for three years before mysteriously disappearing in 1934 and subsequently being deified by Elijah Muhammad."

Sounds a bit like L Ron Hubbard too:

"Fard claimed that Armageddon was imminent. His doctrine maintained that black people in America had a duty to discover their origins and purpose. Out of all the nations of the Earth, diasporic Africans, particularly those in 'the hells of North America,' were the only nation without any knowledge of their history, no control of their present lives, and without any guidance for their future. Black people had been systematically denied knowledge of their true history by their white oppressors. Christianity was a religion of the slave owners that had been forced on enslaved or subordinated black peoples. He claimed that Islam was the original faith of black people prior to slavery, and that the original peoples of the world were black. He called white people "a race of devils" created by a scientist named Yakub on the island of Patmos. He also claimed that black people were divine by nature, created by Allah from the dark substance of space, and that a spacecraft was waiting to destroy all white people when the appointed time came."

Allah

Archived