No longer Gullivers, we now meet at . . . . .

CTO

My mistake, I misread the original poll. I still think the poster that suggested that we are being railroaded into moving was spot on.

Mind you, I have no personal interest in the issue as I'm unlikely to turn up at a meeting even once a year. If it's moved to some inconvenient place or some place I don't like. I just wont go at all.

It would be interesting to know if any of those who voted for a move has any interests or otherwise connections to the Down Under place.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have no real influence about this subject as i have only ever been to 1 meeting at Gullies.

have no idea what what the other choices are like,never been to any but what is the problem that people have with Gullies?.

i'm just curious.

Never been to a meeting there myself (apart from taking a peek in and saying 'hi' to SD once), but I've had a drink there a few times and I gather the boardmembers complaints about Gulliver's are similar to mine in that the place is too 'Americanized', the service is poor, and it's just not a place I'd hang out at otherwise.

Some of my friends used to like to meet up at the old Living Room, and I never cared much for that place either, for the same reasons, but I was in the minority there.

Hi,

"I still think the poster that suggested that we are being railroaded into moving was spot on."

Why do you think so?

"It would be interesting to know if any of those who voted for a move has any interests or otherwise connections to the Down Under place."

It was Nervous_Dog who suggested Down Under and other than being of the same nationality as the owner I doubt there is any connection.

The main reason for the moving I have heard from those wishing to move is that they like to go out in SC afterwards and it isn't that easy to get there from Gulliver's (needs a taxi or skytrain ride).

Sanuk!

....Never been to a meeting there myself (apart from taking a peek in and saying 'hi' to SD once), but I've had a drink there a few times and I gather the boardmembers complaints about Gulliver's are similar to mine in that the place is too 'Americanized', the service is poor, and it's just not a place I'd hang out at otherwise....

I've only been there once (apart from ocassional visits to the Soi 7 Beer Garden it's not a part of town that I frequent), stood at the main bar and ordered a Heineken. Took a couple of swigs and started to get stomach pains. Left without finshing my beer and still had a sore stomach a week later! Don't think the stomach pains had anything to do with the beer but even if they hadn't happened I probably wouldn't have had a second beer as I quickly established that it was not a bar that I was likely to come back to.

Archived