No longer Gullivers, we now meet at . . . . .

CTO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

What is rather interesting is that there are 63 people who have voted, yet most meetings there's less than 8 people.

Sanuk!

That's probably indicative of the fact that those 8 have five or six board names and each name voted. :) ("Vote early and vote often".)

HH

Khn Sanuk is pretty adept at picking up on that, I admit, I asked people to vote, however no one I know was able to vote more than once, I wish I had now :( but I didn't.

8 people at a meeting - that would cont as a crowd KS, most times it's less these days, votes have closed, it's too close for a definitive answer, so I take our bard owners suggestion.

This Friday Old Dutch (KS - You WILL be there?) and following Down Under then we will decide which one.

Hi,

What is rather interesting is that there are 63 people who have voted, yet most meetings there's less than 8 people.

Sanuk!

This is the point!

If I like the crowd, I do not give a hoot where we meet. If I do not like the crowd (or the attitude) the meeting could be in the oval office or Buckingham Palsce, and I would not show up.

I have been to 5 meetings in the past 5 years, and besides the first (which was still upstairs in NEP) where I had a great evening (mostly due to Belgium Boy, LaHoLi and a guy from Texas, whose name I forgot) all the others were more than dull.

The ones who knew each other had a talk, sometimes in a language other than English, the rest was sitting around.

Last time in Feb 07 I had the priviledge to meet BJ Blackowitz, which was fun. But he was the only one who talked to me. And I do not have the stigma of beiing unsocial (right Limbo?). Besides that one guy was lamenting about his books which did not sell and someone was considering stopping the booze.

I have only so many minutes to spend in LOS/BKK after 18.00 Hrs in my life. Shall I spend them like that?

And I have heard that reaction from many BMs.

So to move or not to move does not seem to be the deciding factor whether theese meeting draw a crowd or not.

Just my 2 Pfennigs

MaW

Hi,

Sanuk!

I voted simply because I was curious to see the results (in case I ever wanted to go). There was no option to see them without voting. :doah:

I voted Down Under (didn't see Old Dutch :doah: ) because it's closer to Cowboy and, like all proper mongers, I prefer it there now. And Gullivers sucked even at the best of times. Better food in Old Dutch, better location.

You might even get better attendance in Old Dutch. Gullivers is much more out of the way and I certainly can't be arsed to go there in the rare minutes I'm not 'hunting'. But if it's near Baccara, Shark, etc... Much more to see there too - watching the girls. Gullivers is utterly shit for girls.

".... Besides that one guy was lamenting about his books which did not sell and someone was considering stopping the booze..."

Did we meet? I'd be the drunk...wait, I was already "Sober" at that point :) That guy is still having trouble selling the books. Was I there in Feb of 07? Yikes I can't recall...

Understand, some guys are more withdrawn, and others more out going, others, like myself, are just plain obnoxious and over bearing. Fiery Jack is in a class all by himself.

The gatherings are pretty much what you want to make them, up to you to jump in and be part. I have made quiet a few friends from this board, and met many wonderful people.

Archived