No longer Gullivers, we now meet at . . . . .

CTO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually never come to the meetings, but here is my 2 setang.

I ate at the down under once. I had the crappiest burger ever with stale french fries smaller than the macdonald's ones. So ......

At the Old Dutch my food experiences have ranged from good (when Henk still owned the place and if he was on the premises) to very crappy (with the new owner he might as well change the name to the Old Brit as you cannot even find Dutch newspapers there anymore) So both choices are not to good imho.

But if forced to choose I would go for the Old Dutch as the atmosphere on the inside is better and they have a nice upstairs room.

Waerth

I don't quite buy into that. There is nothing saying that those who voted move to "Down under" would prefer "Old Dutch" before "Gullivers" and vice versa.

Huh? The question was

a) Stay at Gulliver's

B) Move to place X

c) Move to some other place

Where do you get that people want to stay at Gulliver's? If they did, then they would have voted A. Quite simple.

Instead, they did not. They voted B & C. Which means that they do NOT want to stay at Gulliver's.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Regards,

SD

I don't know when I was there last for a Friday night meeting. Was it December? In only get to BKK every month or two (and try to arrive on a Friday).

I think you really need to let things cook for more than three days, lest you disenfranchise those who don't check this particular forum tha often. Frankly, I get the feeling that we are being railroaded into changing, and I don't feel that changing will solve any problems.

I've got to point out that Gulliver's has been a pretty good place to meet. They have been very nice about reserving out tables for us, even though some nights, the turn-out was abysmal. The atmosphere and seating arrangement at Gulliver's is conducive to conversation, the prices are reasonable, the food is good, the beer is fresh, and generally, the service is pretty good. The dwindling attendance might be more related to worldwide economic concerns and declining participation in this forum than the venue.

i have no real influence about this subject as i have only ever been to 1 meeting at Gullies.

have no idea what what the other choices are like,never been to any but what is the problem that people have with Gullies?.

i'm just curious.

my one and only visit was OK.

met some good people and food does not fit my requirements so not a problem for me.

and i'm not that interested in the decor of anywhere i go,the company is the most important thing.

"Hold a runoff to see if there is a clear majority."

Uh, that's exactly what we are doing. The mandate was to leave Gullibles. Ain't that obvious: 15 say stay; ~twice as many (18 + 11 = 29) say move.

The only question is where to move.

Regards,

SD

Bad interpretation and a poorly setup poll.

Just as easy to say that, right now, 60% DON'T want to be at Down Under and 60% DON'T want to be at Dubliner.

Lies, damn lies and all that.

HOW? If more people had wanted to stay at Gullivers than move they should have clicked the stay at Gullivers button!

If they DIDN'T want to stay, they had a choice of either Down Under, OR - seeing as no one at the time had nominated anywhere else, "Move from gullies but not Down Under"

As Down under did get a 50% vote, BUT only a small minority wanted to stay at Gullivers, we ran another discussion and poll

If I wanted to be sneaky, I would NEVER have put a "Move from GUllies but not to Down Under" choice, instead ONLY Down Under or Gullies, which would have resulted in a clear Down Under vote.

Archived