No longer Gullivers, we now meet at . . . . .

CTO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Just an impression I got. I don't buy all the arguments that have been posted here. I have eaten at Gulliver's on several occasions and not had any complaints. I can understand if some expats with heaps of money that regularly eat at Guide Michelin class restaurants are unimpressed by it but they are probably a very small minority. Some have complained about the beer. It's the same bloody beer as in any other bar.

The main reason for the moving I have heard from those wishing to move is that they like to go out in SC afterwards and it isn't that easy to get there from Gulliver's (needs a taxi or skytrain ride).

This is totally pathetic. It is at the most a 15 minute walk from soi 5 to soi Cowboy and I don't recall seeing anyone in a wheelchair or otherwise disabled at the few meetings I have attended.

That said I have no problem personally with a move. If you chose to move somewhere far away I probably wont attend. If you move to a location near soi Cowboy and I happen to be in town I will most likely attend. If I find that the food there isn't to my liking I just won't eat there.

regards

ALHOLK

"...I have NOT even been there yet myself! There is NO connection between the Down Under bar and ex-Gulliver regulars, no idea who owns it, I doubt he reads this board, he may not be Aussie, OUtback Steakhouses are 100% USA owned!..."

I own Down under bar, and I don't tolerate any low life in the place...oh, and no Mormons either.

Archived