Monthly cost of living (Sukhumvit) ?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It took me a couple of years (work wise) to get back to where I was when I moved to Thailand. But what I was getting at is I think there are some blokes who just don't care and like to take life as it comes?

Nah, I don't believe there are blokes like that. :):cool: :grin: ;):angel:

in fact I bet a poll here would reveal I am not the only expat here not on a expat package.

same opinion as SD; i would never have come to LOS on some local 20-100k monthly salary; why live here a lifestyle much lower than back in farangland.

maybe there are in general two types of expats in LOS: those living on a expat package and then all the other guys

- jobless in farangland

- early retired on a budget

- fugitives with criminal record or arrest warrant

- fugitives (from their profession, family etc.)

- bankrupt in farangland

- lazy to work on a proper job assignment

- adventurers

- sex addicts

maybe there are some in between, like you CTO!? :neener:

Maybe there are all sorts - no one asks you to come here for less than You (Who ever that generic "who" is) want - some of us - me included - came here on great expat packages - I've started my own thing so I pay myself what I can to make it happen - others come here or live here for other reasons.

My point is ANYTHING in between is valid - however I don't put people down for the choice they make.

however I don't put people down for the choice they make.

fine with me; i do not think that anybody in this thread put anybody down for the choice they made!

but some have more choices and others much less and unfortunately quite a remarkable number stranded in LOS NO choice!

My point is ANYTHING in between is valid - however I don't put people down for the choice they make.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, only maybe open their eyes before they "leap before they look" so to speak. How many folks have you met in various third world countries who moved here blinded by the sanuk, had a crappy job, blew all their dough, and went home to nothing, with nothing? I could name a dozen I know personally. I'm sure you could too. I feel a responsibility to point out these bad ideas to folk I know, even it is only virtually on this board. Maybe I shouldn't, but it's my nature to do so.

Seriously, I genuinely do not know why someone, *who planned upon returning back to farangland after fucking off for a few years*, would work at a locals salary in any third world country. It still makes no sense to me -- way too many negatives to outweigh any perceived positives IMHO. No money for fun/savings, dangerous, the experience will be a detriment to your career, living in a shithole, etc. What's the point? But because I do not get it doesn't mean I look down on anyone. I just like to understand the logic and the way some folks minds work. It interests me.

Regards,

SD

Maybe that's why you don't understand - the logic isn't the type you'd "get">

I also fully understand what your saying - if it was a young professional - Drogon for example ;) then i see serious problems.

Others there is no desire to have the corporate career in Farangland. Why - Who knows - it's the difference we can't work out that make life fun.

Would you enjoy women as much if you actually understood them :)

Archived