Sneak Cash?

drogon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simie. You are right, now I remember that for a property investment you need a special form issued by the Thai bank which certifies that the funds come from abroad.....

Damn system.

All right, will use this money in another way.

Guess I will have the best 2-3 weeks in Thailand of my life

Yes it was a condo for me....

But I jsut remembered the stupid regulation with the document issued by the bank showing that the investment came from abroad.

I never bought a buffalo should maybe try one day

Again , gentlemen , I have to shake my head in utmost pain . 500 â?¬ is a fairly big piece of paper , and even brand new notes make a big bundle . May I again take the liberty to recall that I have kind of experience in this field . You may fiddle the cash into your jacket so that nobody sees it but what happens at the airport security if the machine starts to beep and the bloke starts squeezing all the textile on your esteemed body ? Now don't say you have no metal on you , they often beep at random even if you are dead clean .

I do not fully understand what sort of problem our friend drogon has anyway . The second you withdraw more than 10.000 â?¬ from a European account you jump on the watchlist ( without anything further happening ). If you do that regularly or the tax people inquire about you it might start to become nasty if you have something to hide. Transferring 50.000 â?¬ somewhere else is perfectly legal and nobody's concern . You can also show it at customs and nobody would ask what you do with it , it has only to be declared. To carry legal cash which you want to change into another currency is completely silly . Do a bank transfer and that's it . A decent Chinese exchange office in BKK will even change it back into anything at acceptable rates .

BuBi

Disclaimer : I am talking Eastbound cash , Westbound different rules apply .

Again , gentlemen , I have to shake my head in utmost pain

Bubi, mate, I urge you to reconsider this Pavlovian approach to Drogon posting something irrational/illogical/in-sane, as its only going to cause you an ever-increasing amount of pain. I say this as one of the folk who has agreed to allow Drogon to spend money buying me drinks. I just have to see if he is real or something KS coded during a quiet day at work (worse yet, perhaps Stick is having some more fun with us....).

Gobble

Mr gobblebonk ,

I come from an East Prussian family background where austerity , fidelity , honesty and cash were prime values . I have therefore difficulties in not taking anything serious that I see in printing in front of myself . Consequently , I spent days in analysing Fiery Jack's statements only to find out that he is an asset to the human race . Still I am uncertain about drogon and yourself . What do you intend to do in Bangkok ?

BuBi

What do you intend to do in Bangkok ?

Bubi, that is indeed the question. This is the plan:

- spend the first 5 days drinking and bonking

- find a condo somewhere near Suk

- enrol in a school that teaches the Thai language

- enjoy being away from I.T.

Of course, SD and OH are worried that I will:

- spend the entire 6 months drinking etc

- blow way more money than I envisage, courtesy of the above

- get ripped off by ladies of the night, end up penniless and alone, courtesy of the trust I place in people who smile at me when I hand them money

- finish my time in LOS being butt-raped by Katoeys in Lumpini Park. Christ, I'll probably thank them for that, too.

Throw in any combination of beaten up, stabbed and infected with HIV, and I think that pretty much covers it. OH has eased off, but SD seems intent on convincing me that I might be better off spending 6 months in Sydney's Kings Cross than the mean streets of Bangkok. I'm a wide-eyed innocent on the verge of a very nasty fall.

:banghead::banghead:

All I can say is that any fuckups will be my responsibility - I've certainly been warned ... :smirk:

Later,

Gobble

Archived