Sneak Cash?

drogon

My question is:

For an amount of 40-50K euros.

Here in some countries you have to declare any amount in cash above 10K euros.

-> What does it imply?

Any way to sneak this kind of money past to the airplane?

On me for example.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is:

For an amount of 40-50K euros.

Here in some countries you have to declare any amount in cash above 10K euros.

-> What does it imply?

Any way to sneak this kind of money past to the airplane?

On me for example.

Same down here ,,10k.

You can try to smuggle it through customs ..however if you are caught you lose the lot...

Why not open a Thai Bank account as you have in the past - or use a old one and transfer it to thailand in amounts LESS THAN $20 000 (report and bank block limit)

Why do you need that much for a short holiday anyway 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

IF caught you will loose the lot :(

Jesus, Drogon - who the hell wants to wander around with that kind of money on them ? Forget Asia - from what you've said about Madrid, there are plenty of locals who would slice and dice you three ways for even a percentage of that money. All Customs ask is that you declare the money - they may ask you why you are carrying such a large sum, and I cant blame them. I dont have to mention that-which-we-do-not-mention, but thats the obvious concern. I urge you to reconsider.

Gobble

Thanks GD.

Will have to declare it to the customer then.

Why not use wire transfer?

Because then I will leave nearly 1K euros in commissions and fees.....This is the sad reality of the Spanish banks.

Was thinking about sneaking because I do not want to undergo a lengthy "inquisition" by the Spanish customs...Consider it then as a stupid idea.

drogon ,

here talks the expert to you . In my previous somewhat "wilder " times I used to travel with lots of cash westbound . Bundles of cash appear on the airport screen in a somewhat reddish colour which is similar to how explosives show up, bingo . They do the same in a suitcase but the guys do not seem to care . No idea wherefrom in Europe you wish to take the cash , there is no need to explain anything to German customs f.e. , you just have to declare it above 10.000 â?¬ . I would transfer it , the loss through commission will also appear by changing cash . On arrival in BKK put cash in your jacket , they might screen your baggage.

BuBi

words of wisdom

Archived