John Galt on trial today for slander

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said earlier, the hostility of the response to Gault was remarkable. Several posters made some really nasty death threats on Mangosauce and this blog is certainly rather extreme. Why did people take it so personal?

Gault can certainly indulge in a bit of hyperbole from time to time, I found his site pretty amusing and his honesty about his own life and the other Thailand webmasters was a refreshing change form the usual self serving stuff put other Thailand sites (which is what Gault actually was going after). Can anyone point out something he said that was not true?

I donâ??t recall Gault ever outing Dave from Mangosauce, though I think he did claim he had his real name. Dave had been complaining about Google cutting him off due to content for some time and always maintained that is why he shut down.

Stick is not involved in the libel suit, Clayton Wade is suing Keith due to this article:

My Personal Experience with Clayton Wade of Premier Homes Real Estate

What surprised me was all the whining about Galt divulging Stickmans identity when his identity was posted on Mangosauce first and as you pointed out, someties in combination with death threats. I'm sure that the issuers of these threats think they are safe hiding behind a keyboard. I wonder if they have considered what could happen if someone took them seriously. Even if most of the posts against Galt weren't posted by Stickmman there was not much doubt about from where the information originated.

As for Mangosauce I hardly ever read it and I didn't know it was down. However it's back online.

• 2 months later...

Latest from Galt's website:

The Galt vs Clayton Wade case is over. Testimony was completed on Friday August 15th. I am told that a decision will be handed down sometime in the next couple of weeks. I will work up a synopsis of those two days in court and post that here as quickly as I can. You'll find it an interesting read.

My expectation is -- Clayton Wade has failed miserably in proving any wrong-doing against me and that this court's decision will affirm that we will have the freedom to criticize other farangs on the Internet without risk of legal action here in Thailand. There is much more that needs to be explained so check back sometime around the weekend of the 23rd/24th for a full run down on the case.

http://www.notstickmanbangkok.com/GaltWeekly.htm

Archived