How much do you spend?

Badger77

I spent over a hundred Aussie dollars buying my former workmates drinks (in return for them buying me drinks, of course - its called 'your shout' here in Oz - YMMD). All I have to show for it is a nasty hangover - woke up alone and in pain. OK, we did have a few laughs, but it in no way compares to the Disneyland experience in the LOS. We didnt go anywhere special, 90% of the women I saw were shockers (even with beer goggles on...) and dinner cost a little over AUD 10 (burgers at the pub) - hardly an extravagant evening, yet I'm close to 3k baht worse off. I know where I intend disposing of my 'leisure dollar' from next Saturday morning until the following Thursday, and I dont care if its deemed 'silly', 'funny' or 'idiotic' by board members - it will be treated with the reverence it deserves by my Suk Soi 4 associates. Reality will be a bitch after the ride, but it cant hurt more than my bloody head does right now ....

Later,

Gobble

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I hear ya mate. I'm just stirring after a big session last night in Tokyo -- from 2100-0530. Head is pounding.

At pretty much the cheapest bar in Tokyo, that cost me 16k yen (about B4,800). That's only drinks me me, a few for a couple of J-gals and maybe a dozen karaoke songs @ B100 per.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow boardie UAL875 in a couple of hours and doing it again LOL! It won't be so cheap tonight, I fear...

Cheers,

SD

Yes must have been one of the, if not the, cheapest

cheapest bar in Tokyo...

Only times when I went to party in Japan -> the bill was on company expenses or more usually on the Japanese companies expenses...

Only time I ever learned how much the bill was I almost had a heart attack...

Work during the week. Fun Fri nite-Sun arvo.

Back in LoS on 22nd. Then off to KL & Guangzhou for a couple of days each. Then the States for a couple of weeks in mid-June. Shit, I'm tired just reading about it.

Cheers,

SD

Just to hijack a mo,

SD,

I have to be in GZ for a few days in a week or so. Have always stayed at the China hotel but feel its gone downhill since the old Hard Rock Cafe days. Where would you stay/recommend. Company pays so price no biggie.

Aye. Any drink you want: Y500. In Golden Gai area, Shinjuku. Very fun bar.

Cheers,

SD

This is the bar with a Karaoke machine at the entrance of Golden Gai, right?

I had a fun evening there last year... :beer: (and lost the touch screen pen of my new and very expensive eletronic ei-wa [English-Japanese] dictionary :p )

Archived