How much do you spend?

Badger77

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTO,

Drogon's figure of 15k (for Bkk)is probably a more realistic figure for someone visiting for a 7 - 14 day trip and wanting to "have a ball"...., rather than someone living long term in the area.... and really not way over the top for Bkk IMHO

Sure Pattaya may be cheaper all round, but my recent knowledge there is limited. 3200 Bt is probably doable in Patts, but you would need to be on your guard 24/7 to stick to that kind of budget..JM2c...YMMV....

I've gone to Bkk many times with a budget figure in mind....lol....but don't think I've EVER stuck to it....somehow it usually doubles ++...lol

...and SURE...I'm a dumb cnut...in one particular area...with a certain "habit" that I used to feed....lol

Everyone's situation is different...personally I have not been on a "Solo" visit for more than 2 years

....From my experience my expenditure has been known to run something like...

Hotel 1500 - 2500 always stay same place

sometimes Spa (top end)

Food 2000 - 8000 depending on where we went

and if we took friends

Drinks 3000 - 15000+ Top end usually 1 big day

/ nyt per visit Lady Drinks

& bell ringing included

Shopping ???????? (depends on someone's needs!)

Daily

Allowance for friend ?????? Up to me

Total 6.5k - 25.5k plus companion's shopping & allowance

So, to "guesstimate" a workable daily figure.....take the bottom end @ 6.5k and add 600 Bt BF plus 2500 LT (guessing, cos I have NO real idea of current rates)and we come to a total of 9.6k Bt

If we look at these numbers, you could say that one doesn't need to BF & LT every day...but most guys tend to cramb a lot into a few short days... a threesome...or a soapy...or an Akane visit or 2....would push the total towards Drogon's 15k easy.....

Not trying to pretend to be a High Roller, cos I'm NOT...

But....when I come to play I want to PLAY!!!!

Even if it means pulling the belt in when I'm back home....sobeit.....

Sure, if I lived in Bkk full time, this figure would come down dramatically....(I think!!)

Cheers DS

Oops, I didn't realize this as a Pattaya thread. My around 10K figure was for BKK, my little experience for Pattaya was a bit lower, maybe 6-8 K. (Except that second day, when I did two ST's followed by a LT, all with Bf paid, and lots of booze, well over 10K, TR still being written.

Alright, after reading these posts I now feel like a real "Cheap Charlie". To each their own I guess. So I got to thinking "What percentage of my monthly salary am I spending in one night?" After figuring it out Im convinced I was being a tightass, especially for being on vacation.

Im lazy and not all that great at mathmatics, so I cheated by using a website.

Check it out for yourself. I used my salary after taxes...just take home pay for the month.

Use the link and fill in how much you spend vs how much you make...right under the pink box. ________(1 night amount) is what percentage of ______________ (one month salary)?

http://www.onlineconversion.com/percentcalc.htm

Badger77.

Nope you are not a cheap charlie....

As long as everyone has fun then there is nothing to say and we have no rights to judge.

I feel that in July I might spend around 20-30K/day on average (renew memberships to a few clubs) but I could as well spend 10K if I wanted to moderate.

I remember the first time I landed in BKK, I only spent something like 5-6K/day big maximum

-> because I could not afford to spend more.

If you ate "Chicken" on a stick....instead of "Lamb Pies" you could reduce your food bill below 600.....LOL :grinyes::neener::dunno::neener::grinyes:

...... and 1200 for drinks....YOU.... :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

...That's only 12 Dum soda's.....

..come on...fess up...tell the truth....8-10k more likely....

Cheers DS

Aahhh, but I'm a different boy in Patters, Bkk on the other hand and tbwnn, any where from 10 to 30K

Cheers

Coss

Done Pattaya many times on 3000 baht per day and had a good time.

Last holiday I budgeted for 5000 baht per day (accom, food, drinks, women) and did it *easily* and had a ball.

(Makes a big difference being able to sit somewhere I really enjoy such as Peppermint or Happy and drink 55 baht draft beers compared to somewhere like Baccara in Cowboy at 130 baht per beer or so. I know some people don't like draft, but fine by me).

As Drogon said.. who cares? As long as you're happy, give your girl of the night an amount you're both happy with and have fun, no phom-pem!)

Archived