Parents grief turns to fury in China

Flashermac

Agreed ... little to do with communism and alot to do with corruption and apathy.

Communism has quite a lot to do with shoddy construction' date=' poor emergency services, unresponsive government officials, and draconian laws regarding family size. [/quote']

RY

Communism has little to do with assholes making snide comments about other people's misery.

It also had little to do with our gov't. massive fuck-up with the Katrina response. The only thing BUSH & Co. lacked were the Draconian laws regarding family size.

Time for you to crawl back into your Bechtel hole.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RY

Communism has little to do with assholes making snide comments about other people's misery.

It also had little to do with our gov't. massive fuck-up with the Katrina response. The only thing BUSH & Co. lacked were the Draconian laws regarding family size.

Time for you to crawl back into your Bechtel hole.

This thread is about China. If you want to spew hysterical nonsense about New Orleans, maybe you should start a New Orleans thread.

<>

Like the starving masses in countries without birth control? I'm not talking abortion I'm referring to sensible family planning.

Sorry - I'd rather a child not born due to family planning than millions starving.

Only economic concern "Is there enough children in China to support China's aging population"

Hi,

"This thread is about China."

Actually this thread was about the earthquake in China until you brought politics into it.

Sanuk!

In point of fact, the original post was about Chinese earthquake victims' anger at their government for policies and actions that exacerbated the effects of the earthquake, so the thread was about politics right from the start.

So, RY, when it suits your purposes, the thread is about China. When it does not suit your purposes, it is about politics.

I am assuming your argument is that China's communist government should be expected to be corrupt, apathetic, and incompetent. So how do you then explain the U.S. democratically elected government being so clearly corrupt, apathetic, and incompetent in the Katrina response. A week after Katrina hit, and you saw all those people suffering, were you posting on message boards that "__________ sucks" (feel free to fill in the blank with "being poor", "being black", "being democrats", whatever).

I would, personally, love to hear your defense of the Bush administration for the Katrina response in this now "political" thread.

I would argue that corrupt and incompetent governments are corrupt and incompetent regardless of their political structure. I feel truly sad for the people in China who have suffered and who continue to suffer. I hope that by shining light on their corrupt leaders that they are able to affect change. Just as I hope that by shining light on our corrupt leaders, we in the US can affect change.

So, RY, when it suits your purposes, the thread is about China. When it does not suit your purposes, it is about politics.

I am assuming your argument is that China's communist government should be expected to be corrupt, apathetic, and incompetent. So how do you then explain the U.S. democratically elected government being so clearly corrupt, apathetic, and incompetent in the Katrina response.

This thread is about Chinese politics. I have never said otherwise. What I objected to upthread was the attempt to redirect the discussion to American politics.

Incidentally, I do not believe the U.S. Federal Government response to Katrina was at all apathetic. Nor did I find it unusually or intolerably corrupt or incompetant. The State and local government response was utterly incompetant but that is no great surprise coming from Louisiana and New Orleans. The people of N.O. bear much of the blame for failing to evacuate despite plenty of warning and then acting like animals as soon as the storm hit. Finally the media is the most guilty party of all for gross malfeasance and corruption in their coverage but that is another story altogether.

Rogueyam, you started this by saying [color:red]"Communism sucks."[/color]

and then you kept it up by saying [color:red]"Communism has quite a lot to do with shoddy construction, poor emergency services, unresponsive government officials, and draconian laws regarding family size."

[/color]

You left your self wide open for Mekong to sideswipe your belief system when he said [color:red]"I never realised that New Orleans was a Communist State ... is this why you call them Rednecks?"[/color]

It seems your predisposed hatred for leftist and communist, got you into this mess. :nono::nono:

Archived