Economical situation in LOS???

drogon

Family member just bought s new motorsai, on monthly payments.

5,000 baht down.

3,600 baht per month for the next two years on a

50,000 motorsai.

At the end of the two years he will have paid

41,400 in interest!

Say like 75% simple interest? This is loan shark or credit card interest! No break for this Thai!!!

"No break" from what??

Do you think that you, as a foreigner, can normally buy a motorcycle or a car, in Thailand, with a 10% downpayment (whatever the interest charged)??

I said that we get much worse conditions than them, I didn't say that they get good conditions!

Screwing the lower classes with high interests (which both the legal and illegal lenders do) is one of the pillars of the Thai society...

Hell, even among family members and close friends they often charge each other relatively high interests...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Loan from BKK bank: As I said above, I can either have it financed up to 70% or 100%, my condo back here as collateral and I am pretty sure that it can be possible to skip it.

:rotfl:

Just a point, Thais can get better mortgage conditions.

This is exactly the same here in Europe....

So the Spanish get better mortgage conditions than you (purchasing the same properties)?

If you are not a national of the country, all the bullshit about (when you are a EU citizen) having the same banking rights everywhere in euro zone is just that, bullshit.

So the Spanish get higher interests on their Spanish bank accounts than you on yours?

As soon as you open a bank account in a EU country while working there -> you receive mortgage offers but only if you buy some property in the very same country.

Since you do seem a bit slow on the uptake: we are talking about Westerners who have a bank account in Thailand (and, in Hardy641's case, working in Thailand) and who wish to "buy some property in the very same country", in Thailand! NOT ELSEWHERE like you are trying to do getting European banks to finance property purchases in 3rd world countries!

That would be like saying that we pretend from Thai banks, to purchase European properties, the same mortgage conditions the Thais get purchasing Thai properties!!

If someone ever heard about a EU bank granting a mortgage loan to a EU citizen to buy property outside the EU, please tell me...

Same here, if your BKK bank would loan me 70% (see, not even asking for 100%...) of the money to buy a property in Roma or Milano please let me know (I don't mind offering a collateral too!).

I also don't understand why you are wasting your time looking for offers from EU banks to buy Thai properties when your BKK bank will finance you 100% and, "you are sure", even without your other (Spanish?) condo as collateral...

Hardy - maybe it's my fault misleading you slightly - loan would be to both myself and wife - not me alone.

This is what you call "slightly misleading"?!? :rotfl:

We are talking about mortages from Thai banks to Westerners, you said you were "getting chased for a home loan by Autuyia Bank" so that's proof that is "quite possible" then it turns out that, in reality, you and your Thai wife were getting chased...

Thais married to Westerners are indeed chased by banks (and car/motorbike dealers, retailers etc) because they know they are much better customers than the average Thai...

That said they are also happy to give me a personal loan - me the Farang.

So, that said, I am waiting for the conditions of this personal loan they are "happy to give you".

F
You may like to Think of me as an Apologist, I concider myself more of a Realist.

You a realist?!? You can't even see the faults in the Thai immigration laws pretending from other countries something which they themselves are THE FIRST TO NOT DO!

You are the epitome of the Thai apologists! :)

Making comparisions between immigration policies of comparative nations, the majority of nationalities can come to Thailand on a 15 or 30 Day Visa on Arrival simple as that for a Thai to get a visa to the EU takes a lot more effort.

Not correct! For a Thai to get a TOURIST visa to the EU takes a lot more effort.

Obviously you are more of a moron than I actually thought you were, thank you for putting yoursrlf down with the second statement I quoted, In stated they is it is more difficult for a Thai to get a visa to EU, and you try to quantify it as a TOURIST Visa, would you care to spell out the your arguments are getting sadder and sadder, I almost feel sorry for you but being the asshole I am I laugh at your patheticness

So you are 32 years old and complaining about the rules and regulations of Thailand, sorry Son when I was your age I had alreaddy been legal here for 5 years and that was over 12 years ago now, I chose the REALISTIC approach and rather than waste most of my waking hours making multiple postings on an internet forum complaining about "How Unfair It All Is" I concentrated my efforts into RTG ... Knowing the Rules, Learning the Tricks and Playing the Game.

Life owes nobody nothing so dont expect such, to compare your nagging to my 5 year old neice would be an insult to her, Grow Up Son!

That I can get for you - loan to me not me and wife -

Oh... So you now suddenly agree that Thai banks DO NOT normally offer mortgages to Westerners (and when they do, they usually do so through Singapore branches and at ridicolous conditions!)..?

Quite a change from your previous "quite possible".

OK, so with that out of the way, let's see the conditions offered to you for a personal loan (not a mortgage) and let's compare those to what Thais get...

where's that cute I'

?

Obviously you are more of a moron than I actually thought you were, thank you for putting yoursrlf down with the second statement I quoted, In stated they is it is more difficult for a Thai to get a visa to EU, and you try to quantify it as a TOURIST Visa, would you care to spell out the your arguments are getting sadder and sadder, I almost feel sorry for you but being the asshole I am I laugh at your patheticness

I have absolutely no idea about what you are trying to say (and your English isn't helping either, I say this as another non native English speaker).

You wrote that Thais have more trouble than us getting a visa (stupid blanket statement) and I replied that their only real troubles are getting a TOURIST visa and I laid out the many reasons for which that is the case (reasons that you can't confute and that you have, in fact, not even tried to confute...).

So you are 32 years old and complaining about the rules and regulations of Thailand, sorry Son when I was your age I had alreaddy been legal here for 5 years

I don't know what that has to do with we are discussing and why that interests you, dad, but anyway I moved to Thailand at 23 and moved back home at 29...

and that was over 12 years ago now, I chose the REALISTIC approach and rather than waste most of my waking hours making multiple postings on an internet forum complaining about "How Unfair It All Is" I concentrated my efforts into RTG ... Knowing the Rules, Learning the Tricks and Playing the Game.

I am not wasting time trying to accomplish anything here (besides maybe helping some of you waking up and smelling the somtam...).

I and my wife have long done our choice and it's the West for us. I happily leave the tricks, cheats. bribes and loopholes to you and your family, Mekong, we don't need them here :thumbup:

Life owes nobody nothing so dont expect such, to compare your nagging to my 5 year old neice would be an insult to her, Grow Up Son!

Is it because of your ancient age, dad, that you forgot to address my long and detailed post?

What about a nice point by point quoting and punctual replying to my many arguments about the many different things we have been discussing?

Or have you run out of arguments like good ol' BlackPussy? :)

That's the smiling blind daydreaming Thai apologists brigade's most prominent feature: they are totally unable to follow a discussion and to throughly address another poster's points, one by one. Just look at this very thread and the detailed replies I am still waiting from you, Drogon, SuaDum and khun_khon_neua... Why? Because you all have NO REAL arguments to support your fairy tales on Thailand and Thai society and their relations with the rest of the world!

FIGJAM

You do not develop arguments....You do a monologue.

Of course I end up doing a monologue... YOU GUYS DO NOT COUNTER-ARGUE MY POINTS!!

Which is quite funny to read, especially when you try to "educate" someone like Mekong...

:doah:

Oh, not at all. I am writing TO you, not FOR you...

You smiling blind daydreaming Thai apologists are happily fast asleep and beyond any hope of ever waking up and smelling that somtam... :)

Archived