Economical situation in LOS???

drogon

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But he never will. Hence why I do not respond to him save when I just can't help myself. Then the noise just gets so loud I simply close the door cuz life too short to waste on "teaching a pig to sing."

Or' date=' in plain English: I have yet once again run out of arguments trying to support my groundless, ignorant bullshit.

:rotfl:[/quote']

Best analysis I have read for a while... :content:

Paillote

I have yet once again run out of arguments trying to support my groundless, ignorant bullshit.

Well, uh. ya. You said it mate, not me. I see there's hope for you yet. Acknowledgment is the first step to recovery. LOL!

Now if you could only teach Rogueyam that... 555555555

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Cheers,

SD

Well, uh. ya. You said it mate, not me. I see there's hope for you yet.

Indeed. It's you that there is no hope for :)

Ah.. as soon as you or Mekong get from a Thai embassy that certification of a Thai's income please scan it and post it here. I would like to set it as my PC's wallpaper. TIA mate :thumbup: :)

Ah.. as soon as you or Mekong get from a Thai embassy that certification of a Thai's income please scan it and post it here. I would like to set it as my PC's wallpaper. TIA mate :thumbup: :)

Where have I ever made referance to Certified income to a Thai's certified income, I referred to the fact that I found your argument that YOUR goverment would not issue the paperwork to comply with the requirments of Thai immigration was in some way attributed to Thai Immigration. If you were to read the "800,000 Baht for Retiremnt Visa" thread you will see posters there stating that they have had certified income statements from their embassey to support visa application.

Currently I don't need a certified proof of income since I am on a Business Visa with a work permit. if and when the situation does change I will either revert to Marriage Visa, or I may have applied for my PR by then who knows what the future holds?

If in the future event that I do need 800K here to meet immigration requirements I already have a long term investment account in Thailand, I only hold 50K THB in it Approx 1000 EU it pays 3,25% so compared to the 6.77% I am getting offshore it is losing me 34.52 EU per annum or less than 150 Baht a month to have the account. If I needed a traced 800K in Thai Bank I could make a SWIFT Internet transfer tomorrow and have 800K here losing me 528 EU Per annum or approx 2,200 THB / Month, a small price to pay for a legal visa.

In your prevous postings you mentioned in passing how you derived your income from property investments, surely based on your investment knowledge you can see that to secure a long term existance in Thailand is not that expensive, just an indirect term of taxation. People who blame their plights on "Goverment Rules" are the ones who are prepared to be Governed, wheras outward thinking individuals accepet that Rules are Rules , work out the easiest / cheapest way to comply and get on with life. You may like to Think of me as an Apologist, I concider myself more of a Realist.

Making comparisions between immigration policies of comparative nations, the majority of nationalities can come to Thailand on a 15 or 30 Day Visa on Arrival simple as that for a Thai to get a visa to the EU takes a lot more effort. Before the wife and I got married she needed a visa back to the UK, a niece of mine who spent 6 months in Thailand and a lot of time with us in her gap year and also came here on vaction once she got back and was working was killed in an accident and my (now) wife wanted to be at the funeral. Visa would not be fast-tracked not withstanding the fact that my wife has expired educational visa from the States, Tourist Visas from Canada, Australia and the UK and EU Work Permit, on top of which she had the housebook and was working for a MNC and had all reasons to return to Thailand yet the visa was issued 3 days afrter the funeral, you tell me which system is worse.

There have also been written some other untruths in this thread by others such as :-

Farang Cannot Own property in Thailand Oh Yes We Can, Check the Rules on Condominium Ownership

Farang Cannot Get Property Loans Oh Yes we can, 50% loan on a Condo based on Income or Collateral to Support Such

Farang Cannot Own Land Give the Company Route a miss and go for long term (100 years) Tenancy based on Marriage

I could go on and on but I wont bother, but the bottom line is rather than complain about a situation one should just accept the rules learn the tricks and continue with the game of life, It cannot be that difficult since I am able to play it.

"Farang Cannot Get Property Loans Oh Yes we can, 50% loan on a Condo based on Income or Collateral to Support Such"

I received an answer from BKK bank Singapore about a loan to buy a condo in BKK.

-> They could finance up to 70% of the condo's value (if new)

or could accept to finance 100% of a second hand condo provided that I put my European condo as collateral.

Of course, I still have to pay all the legal fees.

Drogon ... I Mentioned on another Thread how relatives of my wifes (well mine now) wanted to purchase a condo but did not have the required deposit to qualify for a home loan so I took out a loan secured by partial value of my property and they are paying me rental repayments above the loan repayments I am making, in fact approx 2,200 THB more ;)

Tell me one Western nation that discriminates foreigners BY LAW as Thailand does!

You can buy property in Thailand. Sure never questioned that. But for what price and hassle. Also condominiums have a 49% foreigner quota. You might be surprised in the drop of prices once this quota is full. Just look at the bargains in Pattayaâ??s real estate market.

I can loan from banks to the same conditions as the locals? Which banks? Please let me know and I will get one immediately. I tried BBL, SCB and Thai Farmer. SCB had loans for foreigners but don't offer it anymore since 2007 due to the pressure from influencial people. You are right I have the option via Singapore. But to worse conditions and higher fees. Isn't it funny that I have to go abroad to finance a condo in Thailand?

Another hassle is the requirement to bring the cash for investment from abroad. I am living and working here for 12+ years, why canâ??t I just use my local saving account? I have to pay significant fees for transferring the cash abroad and then bringing it back into the country.

long term (100 years) Tenancy based on Marriageâ?¦sorry but I am not married and I donâ??t plan to marry. So what can I do?

Again, my rant goes against a small xenophobic, unbearable elite who is controlling and exploiting the country to their outmost benefits. They donâ??t care about the majority of Thai people and they see a serious threat in us foreigners to change the status quo to their disadvantage. They want our money but they donâ??t want us.

I also know there are several more or less legal ways to work around most laws. Nevertheless, I would like see them scrapped. Transparent and fair laws will attract a lot more urgently needed investment that will benefit the whole economy.

I really donâ??t understand that there always guys around trying to defend these racist and discriminating laws of Thailand by all means.

Excuses from someone who does not know the rules.

You have lived and worked in Thailand for 12+ years, you have been aware of the laws and should have ensured that your salary would have been paid offshore in the first place, dont try to place the blame on the rules due to your ignorance or lack of forethought.

As for bank Loans go and talk to the banks, if you are serious about getting finance that it is available rather than beg for hints on an internet forum.

Your rant is not about how a xenophobic elite controling and exploiting the people of Thailand, your rant is how the current regulations dont comply with your current requirements.

I dont understand why there are guys around who cannot learn the rules and abide by them prefer to resort to calling the reginme xenophobic and the expats who can play the game as Apologists. The blame lies in your inadequetancies not the current regime, but obviously it is easier for a loser to blame anyone other than themselves.

Archived