Forget Politics, Lets Say Something Nice About The US.

Julian2

Guest lazyphil

my shallow list :smirk:

american hospitality

desert highways and diners

south central LA strip clubs (thanks choco steve!)

pacific coast highway

micro brewerys e.g lost coast brewery eureka, ca

pike place market seattle

boeing

grand canyon

death valley

southern utah landscape

movies

burgers

clam chowder

cape may

50's music

minnesota northwoods

chevys

baywatch

american tolerance ease of other cultures integrating in society

the national park system

oreos

redwood trees

hoagies

tom waits

navajo nation

hooters restaurants...

i could go on and on!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
south central LA strip clubs (thanks choco steve!)

Really? :confused::confused::confused:

Enlighten me...just curious. I'm aware of strip clubs in LA (close to downtown) and some a little too far south to be considered South-Central. Closer to what we call South Bay (where there are some Japanese hostess clubs :up: ) I do tend to avoid strip clubs, though, so I'm no expert.

PS. May be showing my age here, but I'd add 'Get Smart' to the list (the TV show).

Guest lazyphil

i'm no expert either. it was small, dark and seedy :) . my cup of tea :content: . not entirly sure of the location. i'm pretty sure it was 'hood' going by the girls and customers....i was assured it was the real thing so to speak!

i'm no expert either. it was small, dark and seedy :) . my cup of tea :content: . not entirly sure of the location. i'm pretty sure it was 'hood' going by the girls and customers....i was assured it was the real thing so to speak!

lol...technically Gardena, but this part borders LA. First King (LP went to FK) and Barbary Coast, across the street from each other and where every kid in south Central goes to see his first stripper.

Strip clubs are like the baptist churches in south central. All black, mostly poor, but everyone with money is welcome no matter your color or station...hehehe...did I just compare churches and strip clubs? :surprised:

other things about America...

Its like a few countries in one. The deep south, north east, west coast are all very different from each other. Culturally, cuisine, accents that are so different its almost like another language. Someone from south Boston and someone from South Carolina may need to repeat things a couple times to understand each other. Philadelphia, Mississippi and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania are like two different countries. However, no matter where you live, there is this one unifying thing, I just can't describe that's 'americana'. Unites everyone.

Just like it was a few hundred years ago, you can literally come here penniless and it won't be a shock if you became a millionaire. Not likely but not a shock either.

Americans love tourists. I've heard from a lot of folks that even NYC with its reputation for being rude, treat tourists in Manhattan like gold. You could be Scottish and go to a small town in the middle of Arkansas and they may ask you if they speak english in Scotland, out of plain lack of knowledge and isolation but they'll treat you like family.

Cheesesteaks

Hip Hop

Glocks

NYC from a airplane at night.

Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible with the top down by day.

Archived