Forget Politics, Lets Say Something Nice About The US.

Julian2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most democratic country in the world - where else can you elect public prosecutor's sheriff's etc.

Some would say too Democratic Process - I think a great faith in democracy.

Does it work - I have no idea.

CTO,

Hell, I don't feel it is 'democratic' enough still. I wait for the day we can 'vote' on all sorts of questions right from our own home or public electronic kiosks! I think 'the people' should almost always tell the politicians what to do.

A country-wide system that can register your already 'registered' thumbprint and retina scan is not that far away from being a viable and inexpensive reality. I'd like to see everyone have the possibility to 'vote' on all the issues and the government having to abide by the reults and DO what the people truly want.

I can see in the future where this would/could be easily done. Put your eye against the soft rubber retinal scanner cup, place your thumbs on the thumbprint scanner, put in your 'password/pin-number', then vote on the list of questions on taxes, social issues/questions, foreign policy actions, local issues, etc. Everything. A true democracy 'of the people' with laws in place that force the elected 'representatives', judges, and presidents to abide by the wishes of their constituents. Three different 'elections/referendums' every year. Local, state, and federal (some would of course be once every two or four years depending). Would take a couple/few hours a year for each citizen to do. Not a hardship. Don't vote? You get fined unless there are extreme circumstances that prohibit one from doing so.

That, to me, should be the future of democracy. A truly democratic society. Everyone votes, and all votes count, and count equally! Right from the comfort of your own home. In today's electronic based society this is well within the possibilities of being able to be done, and not that far off in the future.

Cent

Archived