2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding 'citeh' I heard that their former chairman had to take out a 30 millin pound loan to fund player purchases, etc.

Frank's (what the city fans call the Thai owner, his last name rhymes with Sinatra, a bit of cockney rhyming slang) money is tied up right? Man City are in deep doo doo it seems.

Just heard a rumor that Wenger offered Liverpool 10 mil for Alonso but it was turned down. Okay, maybe I'm not the best judge of football talent, both are good, but Barry over Alonso? Okay, he sees something in Barry. If we do end up with Alonso, it would be amazing that two of our rivals sold us players in the same transfer window.

From what I understand, we don't do a lot of business with Liverpool as well. Understandable since Man Yoo, LFC and Arsenal are traditionally the 3 biggest clubs in the country so expect little dealings directly. There are exceptions of course. Viv Anderson in '87. Ray Kennedy is a legend for both clubs which is kinda rare. Mickey Thomas who won us the title over Liverpool in that famous goal in'89 played for both.

About 10 days left in the transfer window and I hope Berbatov doesn't go to Man Yoo if that happens I think Man Yoo could get a 3rd title but if Chelsea plays the way they did against Pompey the rest of the season, its their title. I'm hoping its just one match and Portsmouth were just poor. What I saw scared me sh*tless. The rest of us are fighting for 2nd if they play like that all the time. Scolari was looking for more goals at 3-0! Greedy bastard..lol.

Steve,

They (Chelsea) do seem like the team to beat and I think only Man U have a realistic chance of stopping them. Liverpool and Arsenal (and Villa :angel: )would need a very good season (luck-, injury-, suspension-, form-wise..) if they're to play a significant role in the end. Possibly but unlikely IMO.

I like the way how Villa looks by the way. O'Neil is a good manager. People are tipping Portsmouth or the scum for 5th or better, but I'd have to say its Villa, IF they keep Barry or get a good replacement. Why don't they just swap with Liverpool? Unless Alonso only wants to go to a CL side but other than that, swap?

I hope Chelsea falters this week but I don't see it happening and I agree man utd seem the only club capable of stopping them.

If the Lord said Arsenal won't win it but you can choose 'tween Chelsea and Man Utd, I'd go with Chelsea only because I hate Man Utd more and wouldn't like them to get 3 in a row and to hold off them tying LFC's record of most top flight titles. They'll break it eventually but I'd like to hold off on that for a while.

I really like what Keane is doing with Sunderland. Cisse on loan, Healy possibly from Fulham. He should stay up and by doing so add another 30 million to the coffers.

If the Lord said Arsenal won't win it but you can choose 'tween Chelsea and Man Utd, I'd go with Chelsea only because I hate Man Utd more and wouldn't like them to get 3 in a row and to hold off them tying LFC's record of most top flight titles. They'll break it eventually but I'd like to hold off on that for a while.

How can you say that after we just sold you Silvestre? :banghead:

Talk about being ungratefull :nono:

Steve,

"I like the way how Villa looks by the way."

Well...same old shit again... another goal seconds before the end... :banghead:

"I really like what Keane is doing with Sunderland. Cisse on loan, Healy possibly from Fulham"

He scored a great winner against your rivals. They're a tough side to beat.

Archived