2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a contrast! :surprised:

He's drunk and disorderly, mouthing off at the police outside a nightclub in the early hours while his wife is climbing Africa's highest mountain in aid of charity.

From the BBC

"Chelsea and England footballer Ashley Cole has been arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.

Mr Cole was held after swearing at police officers outside a central London nightclub, BBC crime reporter Ben Ando said.

Police said a 28-year-old man was held in Brompton Road, South Kensington, at about 0215 GMT.

He was taken to a police station and given an £80 fixed penalty notice and released at about 0530 GMT on Thursday.

Mr Ando said: "Cole was held after swearing repeatedly at police and refusing to calm down after emerging from Collections Nightclub in South Kensington at around 2am."

Cole's wife Cheryl, singer with pop group Girls Aloud, is currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa for Comic Relief."

Awesome display from Liverpool...well done!!!!!!

Nicely done by Chelsea...

Both Real Madrid and Juventus out....it's looking like another all UK semi-final scenario, except that I'm worried about tonight's 2 games...

I want Man U to get through....fingers and toes firmly crossed

Indeed, congrats to Liverpool, who were the better team.

Man U seem in a bit of a funk....Ronaldo really isn't playing well, not even close to last years form. Berbatov and Tevez both seem to have patches of good play but are inconsistent. You'd think they'd be all absolutely up for it...but they aren't. I recall Man U getting nervous when in front before.

Liverpool on the other hand seem to be have been well prepared for today. They weren't as good as midweek against Real, but they were still far better than Man U....and they really shouldn't be.

I think we let Utd off the hook there, should have been at least 6-1. Gerrard missed the easiest chance of the game and we should have had another pen when Vidic manhandled Torres.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be playing Utd again on the CL.

Happy days.

Archived