2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

i'm not too disappointed with the loss as it had to happen sometime.

Utd have not been at their best lately so a loss was on the cards.

but disappointed by the scoreline and against Liverpool of all teams.

i have no problem with the Scousers having the bragging rights this season.

Utd have had their good times in the past and Liverpool were due a good result sometime.

too many Utd players were off song on the day but players cannot be at their best every game.

but it's up to the following pack to take advantage.

Utd can lose their next game and game in hand and still be in pole position.

not worried at the moment but things might be different with 3 games to go.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The loss won't change much for the league title I think. However, what it may do is end up scuttering the other competitions for man yoo. Had man yoo been able to walk the league they could rest players in the league matches and save them for late rounds or finals in the FA cup and definitely the CL. However if its dicey they would have to play a stronger side than needed in some of the games late April and May.

The Daily Mail said that man yoo would want to avoid liverpool in the CL. I would suggest it Liverpool that would want to avoid Man Utd. Its very very difficult to beat a top team 4 times in a season. LFC have won and beaten them twice. The law of averages say it probably won't happen if they meet a couple more times. Even against poor teams its hard to beat them 3 or 4 times in the same season. The club with the winning advantage is simply not as hungry at times. We found out in '04 against Chelsea and I recall once we played 'Boro in the league, CC and FA cups about 4 or 5 times in the span of a months time or so. We were in prime then, thrashed them in the league and FA cups but ended up losing the CC semis to them.

Same with us and Liverpoool a couple years ago. Beat them in the league, beat them in the FA cup, badly on both occasions but lost 3-1 in the last return league fixture.

The team to avoid in the CL is Barca. The only non English side capable of beating any of the english sides and being faves as well.

Man Utd have been getting results but didn't look great doing it. Results are all that matters though. The fact they can grind out results at this time of the season makes them the most dangerous.

The next match will determine what the LFC loss will have done mentally to the squad. They could shrug it off or let it derail them like when we lost the fa cup to man utd last season.

Chelsea have the confidence back and a wee bit of swagger. I'm not sure if they are fully back but they are much better than they were a few weeks ago.

Villa are in freefall but I'm not writing them off. They have the easier run in but have a lack of confidence. They could win all their games in May. However if they lose against man utd or liverpool and everton before then it may not matter. O'Neil took a gamble with the uefa cup. He threw it to concentrate on 4th. He doesn't have a big squad but the problem was they weren't getting results and each game when you don't makes it tougher and tougher. A small squad is tired after a win but moreso after a loss. You don't feel as tired when you win a match. You feel more drained after a loss. His gamble isn't paying off, their confidence is shaken and their fans are even turning.

Everton have the confidence but the schedule works against them.

We are confident but as always its a fragile thing. Its like fine crystal looks great but can damage easily. We have not been scoring and now have a plethora of scoring options. Cesc is coming back as well. We have gifted players with good footballing brains in the squad or coming in the squad soon. Arshavin, Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott, van Persie are all smart players. That will make us tough to beat. Adebayor will be back as well. If we get a top defensive center mid next season it could be very very good season for us.

Just watching Man u at Fulham

Something is drastically wrong.

Man U seem to be having a meltdown...like they've lost their confidence and with it their ability. Berbatov playing like a turd.

I think the title race is back on....and if they don't sort their shit out they aren't going to win a damn thing more this season.

Archived