2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Rooney's second Yellow for his Red still perplexes me, he was not throwing the ball away just trying to return it quickly to the location of the United Free Kick.

Ah well the Spuds did us a favour by beating Chavski, Liverpool are on a roll at the moment and I can see them beating Villa Sunday to close the gap but I feel the 2 UCL ties against Chelsea may distract them in the long run.

Cum On Villa

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

I see things differently through my Red Tinted Glasses but it still seems a bit bizzare. If he had thrown the ball in the direction of either the Ref. an Opposition Player or away from the direction of play I could understand it, but throwing the ball in the direction where it should be with too much exuberance seems a little harsh, many players on the offencive have often overhit their pass due to trying to play catch up and are usualy mey by groans or jeers dependent on the allegences of each set of supporters.

Not taking anything away from Fulham though, they deserved their win. Scholes hand ball was a justified Red and Penalty and as much as it pains me to say it Gera's finish was top draw but having re-read the rules of association football I cannot find referance to "Being Angry" defined as a cautionable offence.

I have just watched it on Match of the Day. Shrek definitely deserved the red.

In fact the constant dissent from him and Ronaldo probably sealed his fate. The ref was pissed off with the both of them and was just waiting for a chance to send one of them off.

I thought Ronaldo should have been shown a red for his disgraceful tackle on Murphy.

The man I feel sorry for is Giggs, he knew one of them was going to walk and tried to get that through to them.

It amazes me. These highly paid, highly indulged, worshipped (by some) footballers behave like kids having a temper tantrum. It's laughable.

Ronaldo was indeed lucky, another ref might have sent him packing certainly. He's lost it lately, very few goals and the same level of skill isn't there this year.

Fergie has got one hell of a job on his hands now. I fear the worst.

only saw 10 mins worth of highlights and thought Fulham should have walked the 1st half and Utd the 2nd,but i don't know much of what happened during the game.

Scholes' red was a no-brainer but unusual because it wasn't for a bad tackle or consistent fouling.

i'm still undecided about the Rooney sending off but what does it matter now?,what's done is done.

Ronaldo was prat as far as i could see and would have deserved a red.

i've never liked him and have said so before in these discussions and i would'nt be that bothered if he was to leave.

Evans is a capable replacement fo Vidic,Tevez easily replaces Rooney and Scholes no being a regular this season he hopefully will not be missed too much.

don't underestimate Fergie to get the team back on track.

maybe the most successful manager ever and he has seen it all and done it all in the past.

he knows what he has to do to get the team playing again and they will respond.

I agree with everything you've written, but this seems worse than a usual meltdown.

3 red cards in 2 games.

6 goals conceded.

Players looking scared and desperate. It's really weird. It's like someone came along and took all their confidence away.

Even for our glorious, much celebrated manager, this might be a first. It really is the wrong time to fall apart.

Archived