North Pole could be ice-free this summer, scientists say

Bangkoktraveler

Guest lazyphil

i'm certain i can dig out more stupid comments. although i cant see whats wrong with trying to make an effort to be prudent with resources. this is an apolitical comment. btw :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True Phil, but the other side of the coin is recycling (or producing 100% new stuff) takes energy. This energy by and large, comes from fossil fuels, which emit green house gases, which of course cause global warming. Until we get off the fossil fuels, we are still screwed.

I hope it signals the death knell for the anti-global warming lobby. What more obvious evidence do you need!

Some shred of evidence that the warming is caused by human beings might be nice.

Does there have to be if changing our behaviour can help alleviate the problem even if we didn't cause it?

If the North Pole does become ice free' date=' this should be a concern to people, but for some, it doesn't matter.[/quote']

But there's no global warming! It's all a lefty conspiracy...so how can this be????????????????

It should concern a lot of people...especially those living in low-lying areas.....I hope it signals the death knell for the anti-global warming lobby. What more obvious evidence do you need!

Ice melts when it gets warm....d'oh!

I am in the camp that feels global warming may exist, but is greatly exaggerated. Keep in mind, it is the environmental movement that is the cause of a lot of environmental disasters. They are against clearing forests, and streams, cutting fire breaks, and now largely against Nuclear power, which is much cleaner than what we have now.

The eco frauds who run around in their Birkenstocks, smelling from lack of soap, are so dead against the one clean alternative, yet propose no alternative of their own, or any that are viable anyway.

If the North Pole does become ice free' date=' this should be a concern to people, but for some, it doesn't matter.[/quote']

It should concern a lot of people...especially those living in low-lying areas.....I hope it signals the death knell for the anti-global warming lobby. What more obvious evidence do you need!

Ice melts when it gets warm....d'oh!

Not just them.. Changing ocean currents could affect the climate for an awful lot of people very dramatically.

The problem with the ecologist is not really a problem of the ecologist but with the Republicans, especially the Conservatives. When Republicans start calling ecologist commies, leftist, pinkos, etc., the Republicans have lost the argument and the ecologist don't listen to anything more the Republicans have to say.

If the Republicans have something to offer, instead of name calling, and if they can provide what they have to offer with sound logic, the ecologist probably would listen.

Archived