Romantic place?

drogon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MahaNaga probably has the nicest decor of any restaurant I have been in in Thailand. You can sit inside our outside ... either way you have great views of the beautifully landscaped gardens. Tables are well spaced for privacy. nice, romantic lighting too.

They claim to be Thai-Fusion, whatever that is. All around the food is really superb and nicely presented. Pricey by BKK standards, good value by western standards. Dinner for 2 about $100 US.

Here's a quick review from Frommers

. Pretty accurate description.

..Chappy, completely agree 120%

...one of my Fav places in Bkk

Didn't recommennd it before because it's not predominantly Seafood...BUT it is an excellent Lomantic choice...

Think I've taken the same company there every time I've been (surprise surprise...lol..)..."She" loves it.....

Personally I would opt for out side in the Courtyard garden....very nice and very relaxed atmosphere....but best to check the weather conditions first....i.e.....whether or not it's gunna rain....55555

Try the Duck Spring Rolls....outa this world....jing jing!!

Can get expensive if you don't watch the booze bill....lol....Champagne 550++ per glass....Good Red Wine selection....including reasonable Aussie Reds from around 3k a botten

...Cocktails pang mak.....but for a Lomantic night....how can you go past..."Sex on the beach"....followed by...a "Screaming Orgasm"....lol

...certainly beats a Pimms and lemonade....

Bill...(for 4) usually around 8 - 9k (but the food is not overly expensive)

For what it's worth it gets 2 DC "Hats"...It's certainly not the best food in Bkk....but the ambiance is rather special....and "We" like it....Guess that's what counts at the end of the day

drogon...give it a try...guarantee you won't be disappointed

Cheers DS/DC

Living in *extremely* close proximity to MahaNaga, Ms Vampy & I hit it at least once a week. It's unavoidable :grinyes: . Needless to say, highly recommended. I agree with Chappy & DS 100%. Our bill's about B4-4.5k for a couple; with a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of cocktails.

You can also try Flow at the Millennium Hilton. An outside table, riverfront, can be romantic as the seating is sparse. International menu. In the B3.5k range.

Like Chinese? Try Hai Tien Lo in the Pan Pac, but I am struggling to recall if they have an tables for two. The view is nice and the food top shelf, tho'. Same price range as MH.

Distil at State Tower? They have caviar & lobster and an oyster bar... Bring money.

I've also always been partial to Le Dalat Indochine (Vietnamese) on Suk soi 23. And Le Banyan (French) on Suk soi 8 (sadly soon to be closed). Figure B2.5-3k for a couple.

And Le Café Siam (also French) near JUSMAG comes highly recommended by some friends who's taste I trust implicitly, but we've not yet been. No idea on price, but assume same as above.

Also, add at least B2k for a bottle of wine to any of the above.

Cheers,

SD

Thanks a lot rchapstick , DS, DC :bow:

I will try MahaNaga alhough so-called fusion food has never been my cup of tea, bill is very reasonnable.

Hai Tien Lo in the Pan Pacific hotel, I did not see tables for two but was good Chinese.

(bill around 5-6K for two)

I loved le Dalat although I remember my last bill for 3 was more about 12K.

SD: Never tried Distil but if it is the same quality as Mezzaluna then it must be great.

Thanks again for the ideas

Archived