Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

Amnesty or no amnesty? I'm a softy. I'd grant it for the ones who've been here for a while but I'd also make it harder for those to get in via the border. A combination of technology (drones, electronic monitoring, heat sensitive devises, etc.), physical barriers like fences, etc., and a massive increase in manpower.

I often wonder what would happen in how we guard the southern border if we found out terrorists and sleeper cells were coming that way?

We need to act as if they are.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The border is a disaster. You can hire 10 times more people, but you will not find people that will work along the border. The border, in many places, is just too desolate. If the government changed their stradegy and put post up every 10 miles and had it that the agent worked 15 days on and 10 days off (vacation) the government might find people to patrol the border. THe government has to start to realize that the border is not in Phoenix so the border patrol should not be in Phoenix.

As far as what the president should do:

1. Be truthful. Tell the people the country is in finacial trouble. National debt of 9.5 trillion and a GNP of 13.8 trillion is not healthy. If the President gets the people behind him, we can change the country.

2. The President should tell the people that Social Security is not in trouble. THe Social Security and Medicare excess funds make up now over 1/3 of the money used to prop up the general fund that runs this country! (.87 trillion taken from Social Security to help make receipts for the general fund of 2.56 trilion dollars) Saying Social Security and Medicare is running out of money was a lie and is a national disgrace. The president should let it me known that when things get straighten around, Social Security benefits will be increased dramatically and stand behind that promise.

3. The President should disclose the reason for the Iraq war and ask the public for forgiveness and ask for a day of National healing.

4. The President shoud promote trust and honesty instead of lies and deceit. If the President can get the people to rally behind him, as a country, we will be able to accomplish almost anything.

3 or 4 major issues you'd get sorted out? Same with you BT, OH, others and even Rogueyam. I'm a bit curious.

Rush Limbaugh came up with a pretty good platform:

1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.

3. Privatize Social Security.

4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.

5. Revoke Jimmy Carterâ??s passport while he is out of the country.

6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.

rogie said:

[color:red]"3. Privatize Social Security."[/color]

About 1/3 of the money for the Federal budget comes from the excess of Social Security and Medicare.

1. If Social Security is privatized, where will the money come from to balance the budget?

2. If Social Security is privatized, there will be huge amounts in the fund. Will the people demand lower rates or more money returned to them in payments? Will their wishes be honored?

3. When the people find out the government has been using the money from Social Security and Medicare to balance the budget, will they demand repayment?

[color:red]My own focus would include closing the border, enforcing the immigration laws, and appointing strict constructionist judges. That and vetoing any tax increases or expansion of entitlements should be enough for the first term.[/color]

rogie, do you know how much it cost us, on the average, to capture just one illegal?

To test how successful current illegal immigrant has been, check to see how much the price of cocaine or heroin is? If you can not buy either drug, then you can expect that illegals are not getting into the country.

When it comes to immigration, I take the position that the Republic of Vermont took. After one year a person can be a citizen. After 2 years they can run for office. If the USA took that policy, ho much would we save?

[rogie, do you know how much it cost us, on the average, to capture just one illegal?

Not much with HH's plan. Put a bounty on em and mine the borders. Much cheaper than CPB officers and solves the problem of desolate locations. After a few nights of the sky lighting up, I'm sure the problem would dwindle to a sneeze.

HH

Archived