Why I'm Betting On Barack Obama's Victory

JayT

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 or 4 major issues you'd get sorted out? Same with you BT' date=' OH, others and even Rogueyam. I'm a bit curious.[/quote']

Rush Limbaugh came up with a pretty good platform:

1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.

3. Privatize Social Security.

4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.

5. Revoke Jimmy Carterâ??s passport while he is out of the country.

6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.

Rush (the drug addict) got this from the Cato Institute/Libertarians. They have been harping on this for years (except the Jimmy Carter bit, but maybe not a bad idea). They did include Nuclear and other alternatives in the energy policy.

Come on OH. That a few more Jewish folks are leaning toward the Republican party is apparently a new trend, and it hardly supports your claim of "ass kissing". You're starting to spin stuff like SD. If you saw news coverage of Obama in Florida addressing a group of Jews, you'd know what "ass kissing" is; actually, I'd say it was closer to rimming.

HH

No, I honestly believe the Republicans kiss Israel's ass far more than the Democrats do. They may be doing it to gain more Jewish American voters, or they may have other intentions. But as I said, we as a nation need to rethink our entire middle east policy, and especially our policies pertaining to Israel.

Jews and early Christians had a tremendous amount of passion for the poor' date=' the widow, the parentless children. Today, most of that does not exist.[/quote']

Bullshit.

Can you explain?

No, he most likely cannot. But perhaps I can. Basically, while perhaps people as a whole could give a rat's ass about their neighbors starving or going broke, there is a tendency to give away the store to people who really haven't earned it, or to those who have been by and large responsible for their own problems.

Example. I get into a bad mortgage, based on my own greed and or stupidity, can't afford the payments, and then go crying to the taxpayers expecting them to bail me out.

The responsible people, who did not get into that, and rent, still get screwed 2 times, first they still don't own, and have to bail out the fuck wit who dug his own grave, and then they have to pay higher rent, while the idiot fuck nob gets to keep his house at the expense of the responsible tax payer.

Of course, if I spend too much on my credit cards, I can't go to uncle Sam and cry for help, as this is clearly my own fault...oh wait, it is now unfair of these credit card companies to have me agree to repay the bill, and NOT be able to dismiss it in bankruptcy court, the way "big business" can.

Actually, having been screwed by more than a few airline bankruptcies, I sort of do agree that is unfair, and thus, think it fair the tax payers bail out my pension (at 40%) because the company was too irresponsible to make the payments, and I was too busy blowing my money on whores and good times, to care.

Of course, I can always retire on welfare, which I am entitled to, as I paid into it for so long...but wait, you'd think a responsible person would realize that this "entitlement" would or at least should expire at some point, but it doesn't, it is something ALL are entitled to, especially those who never paid into it.

Jesus fucking Christ in a bowling alley with a 7/10 split, don't get me started on this shit!

They all have, but it seems Israel had a bigger bone to pick with some, more so than others. The idea that ANY U.S. President might entertain the notion of a Palestinian homeland (for example) would seriously piss them off...wait, didn't we catch some bastard spying for Israel? And they are our "friends" right?

For the time being there are two mainstays of American foriegn policy that will NOT change. Support for Israel and politically isolating a Castro led Cuba.

Doesn't matter who is in the white house, those two are not going to change for the time being.

'00 solidified it, if that is even possible, since it became so important in national elections. You have to keep the Floridian Cuban Americans and Jewsish Americans happy if you want that state. No way around it.

Archived