Arabs taking over Sukhumvit?

bibblies

Do you imagine the Thais are really more welcoming to the average white visitor than they are Arabs?

[color:red]Probably.[/color]

Arab visitors also contribute a lot more to the Thai ecconomy than most visitors,

[color:red]You must be talking individually, but even so I doubt you've got any facts to back that statement up.[/color]

dont roll around drunk late at night

[color:red]Good point.[/color]

and on the whole do not consort with whores.

[color:red]Based on the number of single Arab men I have seen on flights from Qatar and the UAE to LOS I would doubt that.[/color]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest the average thai is not that keen on falangs full stop, dont be fooled by what they say and display on the surface. I have been coming here since 1969 and the change in attitudes to all falangs has been so great it's another country to what it was like then. Most Arabs in Suk seem to be family folks has the OP got something against babies as well? Considering the numbers you do not see many with a whore in tow or packing out the bars.

There was an article in a Thai paper last week asking what all the blacks are doing in issan and the north, they don't care about Arabs because they have what Thais worship-MONEY,

"...I would suggest the average thai is not that keen on falangs full stop, dont be fooled by what they say and display on the surface..."

Funny, but that is sort of how I see it as well. Not that Thais necessarily hate us, I just think for the most part, we are there, and they could on average, take us or leave us. Think about how you/we view foreigners in our own countries. We don't necessarily "love and respect them" simply because they are foreigners. We generally either take them or leave them. We probably tend to go on a case to case basis.

There are a few guys here who live in Thailand, some tell stories of being segregated in work meetings, being talked about or treated as a second class person by co workers, being charged more, hassled by the police etc...other claim they are ALWAYS treated with dignity and respect, and being treated well by the families they have married into, whether they are paying all the bills or not.

So I think it really comes down to the situation at hand, the people involved and how well you deal with it. In some cases it comes down to how gullible you are, and how much bullshit you can be sold.

As for "...do you think Thais prefer farangs over Arabs..." Yes, I think they do. I base that on seeing Arabs, Africans, Indians etc being kept out of places White tourists were welcome in. I have seen very few drunken Arabs, but I have also seen them with whores, Grace hotel is/was full of drinking whoring Arabs the last time I stopped in.

I also agree that the average tourist has changed over the years, and maybe not for the better. The country as a whole has changed as well. But so has My home city, and my home country.

"Yes, I think they do. I base that on seeing Arabs, Africans, Indians etc being kept out of places White tourists were welcome in. "

Don't you think this as to do more with white men perception of arabs/black/indian than with thai perception ? I suspect some are looking to set up ethnicaly pure entertainmen ( white men chasing lao birds only kind of bar )

I would suggest the average thai is not that keen on falangs full stop, dont be fooled by what they say and display on the surface. I have been coming here since 1969 and the change in attitudes to all falangs has been so great it's another country to what it was like then. Most Arabs in Suk seem to be family folks has the OP got something against babies as well? Considering the numbers you do not see many with a whore in tow or packing out the bars.

Yeah, I have got something against babies being pushed around in prams at 1 in the morning in red light districts in narrow streets where I am. It's a fucking red-light district! What the fuck are fat Arab families doing there at 1 in the morning, getting in my way? If you want shopping, go to fucking MBK or Pratunam or Chatuchak. If nighttime, go to Huay Kwang. :deal:

Btw, I wouldn't think the average Arab that I see is spending more than me. They're mostly just walking and browsing tit tat. Walk somewhere else!

It sounds like you've got something against men consorting with whores. Probably the wrong forum for you to be in then...

"Yes, I think they do. I base that on seeing Arabs, Africans, Indians etc being kept out of places White tourists were welcome in. "

Don't you think this as to do more with white men perception of arabs/black/indian than with thai perception ? I suspect some are looking to set up ethnicaly pure entertainmen ( white men chasing lao birds only kind of bar )

You may be partially correct. But no discounting Thais perception of these people either. Mostly, I am told Arabs, Indians, Africans "...smell bad, are kee-neeow, treat the girls and staff bad, don't spend much, don't tip, and often try to gang rape the girls..." true or not, who knows? I DO know some Thai women who "like chocolate man."

As I said earlier, while Thais *may* favor farangs over Arabs, I frankly don't think Thais like either of us, or really give a second thought to it all either way...we are just sort of there, and as long as we keep spending money, we will be given the perception we are welcome.

Seeing Arab women pushing kids in strollers, and getting in my way does not really bother me either way. What does/did piss me off was when one of them pushed the girl I was with...she pushed right back, and it turned into "an issue." I would hate that had it been any race of people.

You may have missed/not been around for the threads regarding the influx of farang lower end shaved tattoo heads who also stink and are annoying. Given a choice, I'd take the Arab women with their strollers. One thing I don't get is why there fathers or husbands let them out at night, especially in such a whore infested area? I thought this was a cultural "no no?"

A general reply to the OP not replying to OH's last post in particular.

Whilst lots of Thais might not particularly like farangs in my experience a higher percentage have more distain for Arabs and also South Asians as well as Africans.

And to say they are not in Bangkok for the whoring just is'nt the case. Many are not but then again many farang are not either. And as has been mentioned just look in the bar at the Grace.

Just because they don't parade around the street with the tarts does'nt mean they don't do it. Just look at Thai men, they keep it behind closed doors but the number of whores servicing Thai men is far greater than those doing farangs.

Personally is does'nt bother me because I spend very little time these days in that area due to its general decline.

But Bibblies does have a point when he says who the fuck wants to cart their kids around a red light area at 1am?!

OH,

I have no idea whatsoever how can anyone from any culture find lower suk a nice area to stroll at night with his wife and family. Day time is hardly better BTW.

I don't doubt any second thai don't have an overwhelming love or any at all for farang. But not sure they have such a stronger dislike for arabs either. Dunno much about BGs, but arab investment seems most welcome in Thailand and it seems to be increasing. Bring milions and you will be welcome. Bring billions and you will be more welcome. I doubt you will you hear government officials or CEOs telling you how arabs are "Kiinio" or enjoy to "gang rape" their staff - or else they will make sure to get understanding staff to satisfy those wealthy customers. I would.

Besides, you can meet many arab families in posher areas of BKK- or other cities- and nicer hotels than the ones around soi 3, and they usually are an undisturbing bunch. I would also pick them any day against a pack of hooligans.

>>Yeah, I have got something against babies being pushed around in prams at 1 in the morning in red light districts in narrow streets where I am. It's a fucking red-light district! <<

So Sukhumvit Road is now classified as a Red Light District??? There are red-light pockets within Sukhumvit Road but to tar the whole area as being red-light is a bit much. I'm sure all the office workers and the hi-so Thais that live/work/shop on Sukhumvit Road appreciate your classification.

I know what you are trying to say in that freelancers congregate on Sukhumvit at night time, but because they do that does not mean that the whole area is red-light. What about all the up-scale hotels and their guests in the area? Do they not have a right to go outside within walking distance at night?

Just because hookers and johns congregate there doesn't mean they have a greater right to be on Sukhumvit than anyone else.

Who was there first at Sukhumvit anyway? The Hookers and Johns or the families and businesses (or actually farmers!!) I think you know the answer.

Archived