Arabs taking over Sukhumvit?

bibblies

no normal families, couples or even single expats, who do business here, live anymore on lower Sukhumvit between Nana and Asoke! it's a tourist ghetto by day which turns into a huge red light district during night! quality restaurants or quality shops have also moved out of this deterioriating area!

95% of the good restaurants on Suk can now be found between Asoke and Ekamai!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?? How about the Chirathivat family for just one example?

I guess the dozens Thais neighbours in my vacinity who work for MNC's and the likes are just a figment of my imagination.

You just have to go past nana or sois 8/10/12 or sois 3/7, or soi 13/15 etc etc to see the big detached houses inhabited by Thais.

Or maybe they are tourists in disguise living in the ghetto!

True, good points. But I'd say that the area has changed much over the past ten years (turned into a slimy tourist ghetto) and that those who have substantial property there are kinda stuck.

The question to ask is "would they build there today?"

Cheers,

SD

I guess the dozens Thais neighbours in my vacinity who work for MNC's and the likes are just a figment of my imagination.

You just have to go past nana or sois 8/10/12 or sois 3/7, or soi 13/15 etc etc to see the big detached houses inhabited by Thais.

Or maybe they are tourists in disguise living in the ghetto!

I will add that the daughter of a "certain prominent Thai" enjoys eating at the Chinese place in the times Square building, and shopping at Emporium.

If you go down Soi 4, and over, there are a few large, very nice single gated homes. Same with a few of the other side sois you mentioned. In other wards, I agree, it is not all whores and punters in that area.

Regarding the Arabs, wasn't that area more less Indian and Arab before Nana became NANA Plaza?

few exceptions do not contradict the general trend! they usually live deep in the Soi, far away from Suk and never set a foot into the area as they always are driven in their Benz to and from their homes!

"General trends" are your interpretation of generalizations I take it! Hmmmm... Thais who live in the area are driven around in Mercs, live deep into the sois and never set foot on Sukhumvit. Ok then.

You carry on thinking of Sukhumvit as a Red Light zone - it matters not a jot to me.

Archived