US whites 'to be minority sooner'

Faustian

A lot of countries are changing. Some more than others. Some of our countries was always changing. America was far more protestant and UK in origin 400 years ago. Then it became more catholic and european. Blacks have always been in huge numbers in the south.

Then the U.S. became more religiously diverse with a large influx of jewish americans and post WW2, non european immigration.

The UK, england in particular had an empire outside of europe as you know and after WW2 many of them (subcontinent asians, caribbean, africans) were given easier passage to get there. Its changed the faces of a lot of countries. I have my concerns as well and am trying to learn a bit more spanish, etc.

Its natural for natives to be worried and a little scared of the changes. Whether its warranted or not is not for me to decide.

I've already decided I'm gonna leave it all if I can and spend my waning years in LOS or Brazil or somewhere other than here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Countries have always been able to absorb small changes of people, except jewish immigrants who are the most ethno-centric and the resistant to assimilation.

America is a unique case, the europeans and the africans arrived together albeit in different circumstances. The country grew and prospered throught he hard work of the people ( black and white ) in to a beacon of hope for the worl populace.

Speaking as a a non american I dont want to see the US become some spanish speaking country, looking at S America most if not all of the countries are a basket case.

Yes the red indians were displaced which was wrong, but this should be a reminder what happens to an indiginous people when swamped.

It just seems to me that only europe , australia, america have to be "diversified", essentially wherever the european man is has to be " diversified"..

India. China and africa can retain their identity, we cant.

STH

Hmmmm' date=' one of four possible scenarios I can think of: [/quote']

Are these really the only scenarios you can think of?

Can you really not think of a scenario wherein people have observed accurately and responded rationally?

Not when it's you doing the responding...

Hmmmm' date=' one of four possible scenarios I can think of: [/quote']

Are these really the only scenarios you can think of?

Can you really not think of a scenario wherein people have observed accurately and responded rationally?

"...responded rationally" or the lack of a rational answer, prompted my scenarios. lol.

40 million people and one sweeping generalization..lol.

If you can have your 'observed accurately...responded rationally' statement then why can't I use the same observations and respond with the same rationalization?

I will admit to grabbing my crotch, but it was only to insert it into a BG in Pattaya. Does that still count towards your rationalization? :smirk:

Countries have always been able to absorb small changes of people, except jewish immigrants who are the most ethno-centric and the resistant to assimilation.

America is a unique case, the europeans and the africans arrived together albeit in different circumstances. The country grew and prospered throught he hard work of the people ( black and white ) in to a beacon of hope for the worl populace.

Speaking as a a non american I dont want to see the US become some spanish speaking country, looking at S America most if not all of the countries are a basket case.

Yes the red indians were displaced which was wrong, but this should be a reminder what happens to an indiginous people when swamped.

It just seems to me that only europe , australia, america have to be "diversified", essentially wherever the european man is has to be " diversified"..

India. China and africa can retain their identity, we cant.

STH

I thought the jews in England were assimilated? American jews are for the most part. I read an article that some are worried that they will be 'bred' out of existence because so many are marrying non Jews. It won't happen I think but the fact some are concerned speaks volumes about their assimilation. Arsenal the club I follow has a huge jewish fanbase (Tottenham is known for it as well) and many of the fans on the Aresenal forums I go to are jewish but really jewish in name only. Non observant for the most part and consider themselves regular 'english blokes' so it suprises me a bit to hear it may not be so.

A lot of the assimilation issues or rather the reasons many were let in I think is over western guilt which really is a buzzword for 'white western' guilt over colonialization in europe and slavery in America as well as the treatment of natives in Oz, America and NZ and South Africa. The rest is economic. Cheap labor.

I think part of the problem is that new arrivals don't consider themselves 'British' or 'American' or 'Austrailian' as past immigrants did. A hundred years ago parents wanted their kids to be 'American' and learn english. Nowadays, citizenship is too often sought for the benefits than for a love for our countries.

Its a valid concern. The face and look and sometimes the language of the west is changing. Past generations went through the same thing. There was a national party based on too many cathloics coming into America in the 1800s and a fear we would no longer be a 'protestant' nation.

The 'funny' as in 'interesting' thing is that blacks in America now identify with white Americans about too many latinos coming into the country. What's that line about 'strange bedfellows'? lol.

I think it may be too late for America in certain regions. The border states (southern California, Texas, Arizona, will become bilingual and culturally a mixture. We may become a bit like Belgium perhaps.

My main concern about europe is that it may not be in a position to fight global threats due to a change in view from a large influx of people who think about global affairs differently.

Archived