Speaking Thai to BGs

frede

As a fairly long term non-Thai speaking resident' date='....[/quote']

How can you be a fairly long term Thailand resident and not speak at least basic Thai? :dunno:

I know a couple of guys who have lived in Thailand over 20 years who speak less Thai than me. And not just less than I used to speak when I lived in Bangkok but probably less than my diabolically rusty Thai now?

Simie.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I travel up north/north central, say to Phitsanulok, a place where realistically little English is spoken, meeting some of the ex-pats there is quite mindboggling. Have to say I know at least 8-9 folks there who have been in LOS 10 - 20+ years, literally speak no Thai, and do not eat Thai food. Their wives/GF's have all learned to cook farang food (by the way, they are all British/Irish/Scottish). Strange place to settle when you don't integrate much into the society. They keep to themselves a lot and integrate with the local farang community there at one of the local bars. Some are retired and some long-term English teachers. But housing/food/services are extremely inexpensive there so there is a reason to be there. Probably their wife/GF is from that province as well.

As a fairly long term non-Thai speaking resident' date='....[/quote']

How can you be a fairly long term Thailand resident and not speak at least basic Thai? :dunno:

I know a couple of guys who have lived in Thailand over 20 years who speak less Thai than me. And not just less than I used to speak when I lived in Bangkok but probably less than my diabolically rusty Thai now?

Simie.

I presume that you will find this kind of expat all over Asia. When I was living in Tokyo at the end 90s, even albeit I was still learning Japanese on a upper basic level (JLPT level 3-2) my Japanese was already better than of several expats who lived in Japan for several years and of whom almost all had a Japanese girlfriend.

For me it was very strange, since not speaking the language cuts off of almost everything around you.

I agree. In real life you should be able to speak the language of the country you live or the women you sleep next to. What used to piss me off in the UK was how some of the Pakis had been there 20 years and still couldnt speak English. Bloody diabolical.

However, in the realms of paid for sex, speaking Thai, in my opinion, is a disadvantage unless its with a regular squeeze. Hoochies will work harder if they think there's a chance of being sponsored.

When I fuck strangers I play up to that.

Also, some of the best performances Ive had is when Ive got back from Iraq or Iran.......mayeb there are some seriously lovestruck chaps on leave from there but the hoochies really try hard then. They must be alot of guys working in these places sponsoring hoochies

All in all though, when they think Im some green tourist etc etc, they rarely have nasty things to say when gossipping about me and my mates. Must be cause im so fucking jai dee.

But the next morning when they are on their phones compaining to their BG mates of a cracked arse, they arent so many comliments.......its then that I usually crack in and say

à¸?à¹?าà¸?ุà¸?à¹?มà¹?หุà¸?à¸?าภà¸?มà¸?ะอัà¸?รูà¸?ูà¸?à¸?ุà¸?อยà¹?าà¸?à¹Âรà¸?

Usually either elicits histerical laughter or total shock. And if its the former, they may become a regular squueze and we revert to Thai and is well with the world.

In Ghana though its totally different, speak in their tongue and pussy is thrown at you .....

Aint life grand

Not that I am a long term Thai resident, but I live with my Thai wife for almost seven years now, and I still can't speak Thai. Yes, I can tell a taxi driver where to go, I can order food, beer and cigarettes in the lingo but I can't maintain a conversation in Thai, not even if my life would depend on it. I am dutch, fluent in english and I have a good ear for western languages, but Thai.... not a chance. :crazy::closemouth:

And I hate it! It is very frustrating not being able to hold a conversation with the Thai half of my family. :thumbdown: But what can you do? It beats me!

I think you mean สั�, not อั�. 55555555

Cheers,

SD

You mean สั��...not สั�

��า����รู�ู� ��อ� อั� ..อั��ั�ว�ำ

à¸?à¹?าà¸?ะà¸?à¸Âหà¸?à¹?าà¸Âัà¸? à¸?à¹?อà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹? สัà¹?à¸?

Either way, the bitch is goingto chuckle :)

Archived