Speaking Thai to BGs

frede

If you can speak decent Thai then I think using Thai is the way to go. These girls' English is pretty basic and frankly I would find conversation pretty limited if I was stuck in English with them.

I find that the girls tend to open up a lot if you speak decent, polite Thai. The bullshit indicator drops big time if everything is in Thai.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Never heard that one. I've heard 'Phut Thai keng', 'Phut Thai chat' and 'Phut Thai klong', but never that one.

Had to look it up :)

Thai colleague mentioned it is more used for speaking clearly than fluently though.

Sanuk!

I get "...poot Thai Keng..." a lot...yet a certain Dutch guy I know says my Thai sucks, yet his wife (no idea how a guy like that got a woman like that :neener::neener: ) seems to understand my crap Thai when I go into her hair salon...go figure... :dunno::dunno::dunno:

As a fairly long term non-Thai speaking resident, I find that talking to BGâ??s is one of the times I donâ??t mind not speaking or understanding Thai at all. If they want to talk about me, go ahead, I could give a sh*t. They are not people I am looking for respect from, nor am I looking to impress them in anyway, other then the size of my ermâ?¦uh...

wallet.

I hear that a lot actually. A friend of mine who lives in BKK, and speaks Thai fluently said he often wishes he didn't understand it when talking to bar girls. He said the utter stupidity of their conversations was mind numbing.

Respect aside, I just need the practice, so I speak with who I can when and where I can, whores or other wise. I have had a few whores tell me they didn't like guys who spoke Thai because it ment they knew too much. And as you say, who needs "respect" from such people?

Archived