Useless Posts

unit731

It's rained for several hours and those strange winged ants are out again. Must be at last a dozen toads outside my window trying to catch the ants.

Good God !

Winged ants?

Do they fly?

Do they bite?

Some sort of wierd design - they fly around until they land somewhere, then their wings fall off. Must be nature's version of the old Army glider troops. No bites ... they just fall into your food and drinks, if you're outside.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed the flying ant things today, big buggers, utterly useless in the storm though, which is when they seem to appear.

It was the most intense storm, rainfall wise, I've seen thus far in 2009. More intense lightning previously, but it pissed down for 3 hours+ today where I was. Huge area of cloud. Impressive, but somewhat annoying when the electric went down.

Not so much rain here today on Suk, and no power outages; but Ms Vampy's up in Ayutthaya at grannies and said it has been brutal up there the past few days.

She's stuck inside. ��ื�อมาภshe says. Sam nam nah say I. :neener:

Cheers,

SD

It's pissed down two days in a row in north Bangkok. Power out both days too. Wasn't a lot of fun sitting in the dark, holding a candle and feeling like I was at a seance. Enough with the FAI DAP!

:(

p.s. PC wasn't too happy this morning either. No video display even after a couple of reboot tries. I finally disconnected the power, reconnected and tried again. Now it works. :dunno:

Well it's insanely hot out....just picked up some laundry and almost had a coronary.....felt like I was being beaten upon my crown by a super warm spade wrapped in goose down (not sure how that works as an image, you had to be there...). The air is thick and moist, with a not inconsiderable hint of pollutants. Above me the clouds are growing upwards, but no hint of rain or stormy weather as yet. By this time yesterday it was getting dark. Lets see....

Archived